Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Virtual Pinball What Do I Need To Know.

Yes, I added exciters last year (they were in for last year's Pinfest). They disappointingly aren't really loud enough in that environment but are still a great addition. You do get the feedback but struggle to hear them there.

I have just replaced the PC and am getting it configured but it's not too far off from being ready now.

That's weird, mine can get crazy loud - WAY louder than a real pinball and much stronger feedback through the cabinet than a real pinball. What kind of dedicated amp are you using for the exciters ? Not one of those LEPY's I hope!

I remember going through a time when I could not get the exciters loud enough after rebuilding my vpin when we moved interstate last year. I posted a thread about it somewhere.... and can't remember what I ended up doing.... I'll have a look

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird, mine can get crazy loud - WAY louder than a real pinball and much stronger feedback through the cabinet than a real pinball. What kind of dedicated amp are you using for the exciters ? Not one of those LEPY's I hope!

I remember going through a time when I could not get the exciters loud enough after rebuilding my vpin when we moved interstate last year. I posted a thread about it somewhere.... and can't remember what I ended up doing.... I'll have a look

Yeah, I am using "one of those LEPY's" well, a Lvpin or something similar. What are you using? They can can crazy loud, the CARToons table for example is really loud and could be heard over all of the noise of Pinfest but it would mean me going through every table and increasing the volume of each sound and I don't have time for that at least for now.

Yeah, I am using "one of those LEPY's" well, a Lvpin or something similar. What are you using? They can can crazy loud, the CARToons table for example is really loud and could be heard over all of the noise of Pinfest but it would mean me going through every table and increasing the volume of each sound and I don't have time for that at least for now.

With a decent power amp for your exciters, you shouldn't need to increase the volume of any individual sounds to get good sound. The LvPin's are very low power and known for falsely representing power output. Have you seen this video ? It's pretty good and it's done by an audiophile. Pretty funny too :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a wind up to this thread, i got to play a VP at pinfest thanks to @JustAnotherRat and found it wasn't for me. In the pics you see online it looks like the pinball table has a real depth to it, but i found the computer game feel to be really offputting.

I can see that it would be handy for trying a table to see if you like the way it plays still, and i can understand how people get into it, but i will not get used here enough to warrant the cost.

Could certainly see the benefit in that. I'm too old to take competition seriously. I have cataracts and my brain doesn't work as it should after however many million beers i've drank (not to mention other misadventures). Into the social competitions.

• 1 month later...

David Gilmore runs Retro Replay. His builds are high quality from what I've seen in his videos and he answers emails no probs and looks like is happy to give after sales service. I haven't seen one of his machines in the flesh, but going by all the specs he uses and the time he spends tweaking his setups I'd say they'd be pretty good. More of a high end hot rodded type cab than your typical Chinese cheapy running old software etc. He has them updated all the time so at least you'll be playing the best versions of each table.

I made one custom artwork (the rock n pinball music characters one) for him a while ago and he was pleasant to deal with.

Dave's machines are very well done and that one you've linked has all the fruit, but with a pricetag to suit. Go that way if you want one "with the lot", however if you're after something a little trimmed down but still with all the moving and shaking then drop me a line.

Cheers,

Chris