Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Battery Powered Midway TouchMaster

After the success I had doing the battery powered Taito upright I've decided to convert my Midway TouchMaster to battery/ solar powered for the farm as well.

Will be a bit more tricky than the upright because TouchMasters are small and all steel.

1Ws4F5Bl.jpg

jiHXhz5l.jpg

Not real sure whether I'll get a battery inside but once the tube, chassis and power supply comes out, there may be enough room but it's going to be tight.

Game board sits at the top and hinges up. Chassis on the center wall and power supply on the right wall....

RJQVNDzl.jpg

Raise the game board and the internals are exposed....

TlsjGzXl.jpg

Left side of the machine is all coin handling, coin mech, cashbox and speaker.

hRPyByql.jpg

Take the cashbox out and it's looking a lot more promising where the battery may fit.

If7XYzAl.jpg

voFgigjl.jpg

If the battery won't fit or the TouchMaster is simply to heavy to lift with the battery inside, I will make the battery external. It will be sitting on the bar down the farm and this TouchMaster was a bar top version so if need be the battery can go in the bar and a figure 8 cable for the power to it.

There are two other potential problems. I wanted to throw in a 19" 4:3 LCD monitor I have to replace the 14" tube and chassis.

Problem one, will there be enough room to fit a 19" LCD in the cabinet.

Problem two, the 3M touch screen membrane that sticks to the tube is made to suit the 14" curved tube and I'm wanting to use a larger flat screen. The flat screen itself I don't think will be a problem but maybe the size may be an issue. Through memory you can expand the touchscreen area in the calibration settings but time will tell. I may need to track down a 14" LCD that just so happens to be 12volt powered and a 4:3.:blink:.Not a real easy to find but one will turn up if need be.

Well I come up with a few problems.

The video output from the game board is 15Hz CGA and it has separate horizontal and vertical sync lines. I had always presumed it was VGA because the board has a VGA plug on it but that goes to the touch sensor board, not the monitor. I don't think I can get a converter to convert the CGA to VGA that handles separate sync lines?.

Another problem is the touch screen membrane is specifically made to suit the curve of the CRT 14" tube I think. I haven't pulled it off the monitor screen to check yet.

Good news is the game board works fine. The screen actually comes up but there is no blue drive.

More good news is the machine's power requirements are simply +5 and +12volts although they do pull -5volts but that is solely for driving the coin entrance plate light bulb and can be changed.