Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Genie Glitch Skipping Players

punkin

Question

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the direction to look and research. My Gotlieb Genie has a pascal P1 board in it, but yesterday it started skipping player 1 when starting a new game, adding 10 points for kicking out the ball, then adding 1000 points, then skipping to player 2 before the ball is plunged and adding ten points to them. It will be fine for a ball or two then start skipping players again.

I have checked all the plugs in the backbox where they plug into the board but don't know where i should start looking after that.

8 answers to this question

Yep as above. You have a 10 point contact touching scoring the 10 points. The 1000 points is the bonus you get when you score and loose the ball. Chances are the switch test will show a 10 point contact but it won't identify which one. You will have to find which one by eye.

Dunno mate @Parazio dicked around with all my early machines yesterday and got them all pretty much sorted. He noticed an error report on start up about the ball return switch not open but it was. He cleaned the contacts and adjusted it anyway but it still registered the error on start up.

He and Matt, then went around triggering all the switches manually and it came good.

It still award the 10 points on ball eject but not the 1000 points that triggers a new player so all good. One of life's mysteries but i have found from having old cars that sometimes they just want a good hard looking at.