Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Replacing a Rear Projection CRT Screen

Plasia

Question

Finally got around to setting up my Rear Projection CRT monster. Only to realise that there's a big slash in the screen. You can see it in this picture between the T and the S, it is far far worse when viewing straight on.

It seems to me like it should be replaceable, but I have no idea where to start finding a replacement...

Any advice/experience/pointers on doing this would be appreciated!

Hitachi C4678FS is the model.

IMG_20190810_163428754.jpg

9 answers to this question

There'd be a more technical name for it but yes. It's only there to enhance the picture.

I'd say yes, they all seem to do the same job. If you run your fingernail from left to right on the Perspex screen it'll feel corrugated vertically.

Perspex diffuser? Is that the same thing as the Fresnel Lens? That's the corrugated sheet to help spread the light? I know jack-all about RP sets though, so i wouldn't trust myself to be right. Was it @Berty who was messing around with one of these recently?

EDIT: totally awesome choice of game though. One day i need the ability to pay Radiant Silvergun, but MAME just seems to chew on it and get massive slowdown.