Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

No replying in for sale section.

Can't leave comments on Ebay, that seems to be thriving a little. either buy the item by pm or don't as far as I can tell.

Remember the joke listings that used to pop up every now and then, with heaps of crazy questions.

The best one was the Moroccan Cue Ball Wizard that @judgeboz listed, that was hilarious

Remember the joke listings that used to pop up every now and then, with heaps of crazy questions.

The best one was the Moroccan Cue Ball Wizard that @judgeboz listed, that was hilarious

yep had some fun with that one until ebay stopped me from posting questions and replies - I wish I had a copy of it.

The decision was made for the better I think . For sale threads had a habit of going waaay off topic . This way they are what they are - a no nonsense ad for an item for sale . Want to buy or interested in some way - contact the seller . Not interested - have a look , read and move along .

Best thing they have ever done, I can now start selling stuff again without all the stupid comments.

Did not have a real opinion one way or the other, but reading this makes me agree that it was the right decision.

The whole sites become a museum. I have no problem with comments in any for sale items, Some of the comments aren't actual buyers questions, big deal.

This is a forum, not Wikipedia.

Maybe start a "for sale section comments section".

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

The whole sites become a museum. I have no problem with comments in any for sale items, Some of the comments aren't actual buyers questions, big deal.

There’s more to this site than just the fs section. That’s why it’s been around so long.

Creating a for sale comments section would be opening up a can of worms. It would be a for sale thread without the enforceable restrictions/guidelines of a real for sale thread. I have a good case in point but I ain’t going there... I’ll just say it’s a bad idea and leave it at that.

There’s a lot more to this site than the fs pages. That’s why it’s been around for so long.

• Administrators

:rolleyes

81 Posts in 3 years

2 of them in this one

34 in the For Sale Forums just commenting on Sales

Seems you're part of the reason the place is a "museum"

Brad

If you want comments in your for sale ads, become a sponsor and post in your own section

I think it was a very good decision if buyers are serious they will PM the seller.

In the past we have had for sale threads that have gotten so bad members have been threatened with physical harm because someone has been pissed off because of comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrators

That stat I posted last night was a quick look in between Ashes Overs. It irritated me that much that I looked over it a little closer this morning. Okay so I have too much time on my hands ;) But I wanted to highlight a perception issue that people seem to have.

Your perception of a forum is almost always in how you interact with it and so people will have different opinions on the "state" of a community based on how they interact with it. If you interact with a community very minimally you're going to have a far different opinion on what that community is about so if most of your contribution is dedicated to s single part, that's all you understand or see.

Lets look a little more closely at Red Deer's stats.

82 Total Posts

2 - In this one having a sook

41 - Shit posts (this is a common term not a dig) comments in the For Sale Section

8 - In the Wanted Section

9 - Calls for help in the Technical Section

0 - Offering any Help

22 - In other sections like Intro and General

This pearler dissing another member for derailing a a thread just like in For Sale. Ironically one of the BIG reasons why you can no longer comment LOL

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/95183-Outrun-Deluxe?p=1193335#post1193335

Post 18

"I have one. I'm not selling it. The reason I left this forum years ago was due to wankers. I rejoined because I missed the place. Don't hijack threads pal, clearly the guy didn't want to sell it in the end so bad luck. If you still want it and can afford it then you should of offered to buy it again.

61% of these posts are in the For Sale and Wanted sections.

11% are asking for help

0% offering any help

Given the above I can see why you're not happy with the changes but it highlights why it seems you're here and it looks to me like purely self-interest. This site is all about community. Things like Pinball and Arcade meets (Check that section out, holy hell we've all had some great times) or helping each other get our machines working and sure a lot of banter. The Technical Sections are chock full of a LOT of wisdom, good will and a tonne of help and technical information.

Hell check out our MGL and other Comp threads. Get involved and your perception will change otherwise what are you bringing :unsure

As Mods the For Sale section had given us 90% of our problems and cutting comments was one of the best things we've ever done, like it or not. If you feel its killed the forum, then you really don't get why it's here.

Brad

• Administrators
Ooh stats. Do mine do mine.

Hey Brad, do mine [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL hell no. You have 6,358 posts. You natter on almost as much as me ;)

Brad