Thread: Star Wars

State
    Blacktown
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1055 Post(s)

Lightbulb Star Wars

So I played Star Wars when it first came out and we’ll my first impression wasn’t the greatest. Fast forward 3 years and I go over to my friends place who just picked up a new premium and have a bash of it with him. I enjoy the fast paced gameplay and learn that there’s a little more to it that initial impressions.

Not really looking for one but always looking for something (that’s my motto) one came up on Facebook so I decided to take the plunge and grab it with the help of a friend.

I’ve got to say that I’ve really warmed to the game. All the shots return really quick to the flipper and you just get that sense of urgency with everything you have to do. Yes the multiplier rules are a bit of BS but add a little bit to the strategy. There are different videos and call outs for the individual characters eg here’s you ball back captain solo and Han emerging from the carbon freeze.

Overall I think It gets poo pooed because it’s “Star Wars” and should’ve been a star destroyer full of gadgets and cool stuff. It’s not being judged on what it is and what it is is enjoyable. Getting multiple balls flinging around on the hyper loop is pretty awesome to see, hear and an absolute blast to achieve as the game gets your heart pumping and gets you into a frenzied state to hit the damn shot or hit the bank targets that’s you KNOW are going to drain you but to just keep that multiplier up so you can hit that big payoff shot
    In: Houdini, Iron man, RZ, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
    Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

State
    Seven Hills
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Agreed. When u get a gd game going, theres so much going on & its very quick. The hyperloop is awesome when its going. Become a Jedi master and watch that score tick over very quick
    In: Funhouse, Munsters LE, ACDC, IJ, LW3, TZ

State
    Central Coast NSW
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    All the "experts" that did not like the game before they even had a flip put plenty of shit on it. Put some decent time in and play the game yourself. SWLE is an awesome game. Once you get your head around the multiplyers there is plenty going on and the hyperloop shots are hard and keep you coming back to the game.

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)
    its not the reviewers fault, it is Stern releasing games with unfinished software

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1357 Post(s)
    I love the fact you can manually move the multiplyers around. Yeah for a Star Wars game it should've had more features like some "the force" magnets but its still a cool game.

State
    Central Coast NSW
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post
    its not the reviewers fault, it is Stern releasing games with unfinished software
    We like getting and playing the games with early code. You can email Stern with your suggestions and sometimes they listen to your input. It may take time, but eventually Stern get all the codes done.

State
    Newy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)
    I still see a lot of these being sold with very low games. So what is the issue still? Is it still unfinished code or... ?
    Need a frank @Ryza review

State
    Port Pirie, South Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I put 300+ games into one and just didn't grab me enough to be a keeper, and I'm a big fan of the original trilogy.

I had the odd enjoyable game but there's too many games where you get a bad ball launch or horrible rebound off posts or those tie fighter targets and lose your ball. I get the risk reward but way too many frustrating games in between the odd good one. I suck at pinball, maybe it was just too hard a game for me to enjoy I don't know.

Having also never owned a stern I just find them really cheap builds.. everything on the playfield just had a cheap feel to it. I'd rather put $10+K into a couple of 90s BWS.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    It's not a game you can learn easily. You have it at home and explore it. I can't review it as I only borrowed it for a week off someone.

I think it's more suited for higher level players. The software is pinball mathematics

State
    Port Pirie, South Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I found the design to be poor.. everyone gets bad bounces in pinball.. and that game was very unforgiving if you missed a ramp.. but when you launch a ball and it drains without a play on it.. and then it happens again on the ball save.. that just does my head in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information