Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars

State
    Blacktown
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)

@cejay just wondering if any of those SS games are poor design where you launch the ball and don’t get a flip I can name several games on pinball pool where I was lucky to get a flip on the ball after launch and they didn’t even have a ball save! I’ve had many a game in eightball deluxe where the same has happened 3 or 4 flips the entire game but that games classed as an all time great (well I think so anyway). Is it just because it’s Star Wars and a game from after the dmd/lcd era that it should play nicer?
    In: Houdini, Iron man, RZ, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
    Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

State
    Port Pirie, South Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Itís not just the ball launch issue. The modes felt messy and uninspiring. When you do finally get a high scoring game of over 1 billion + you donít really know how .. usually because of some multiplier you fluked during a multiball. Anyway, maybe I just suck at playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Blacktown
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bwodie View Post
    I still see a lot of these being sold with very low games. So what is the issue still? Is it still unfinished code or... ?
    Need a frank @Ryza review

I think it’s one of those things that it’s not for everyone and being Star Wars it’s aimed at almost everyone. So people bought it thinking it’s Star Wars it’s GOING to be awesome and this and that and everything under the sun. And what they got is a brutal playing game with a larger version of the super charger and some hardcore mathematics!

I can’t comment on early code as I probably put up 5 games tops and didn’t play it much until I bought it. The target bank is almost insta death but it’s also an integral part of the game to get higher scores. The ramps are easy enough to hit and the Death Star shot is hard ESPECIALLY when you have to hit it and there’s a hurry up going on! This game is hurry up central! Not only on your modes but the big one is on your multipliers and you ALWAYS are in a sense of urgency to hit a shot or target because the sounds are telling you too or the multipliers are flashing at you saying haaa haaa were going back down to 2x better hit instant drain to keep us up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    It’s not just the ball launch issue. The modes felt messy and uninspiring. When you do finally get a high scoring game of over 1 billion + you don’t really know how .. usually because of some multiplier you fluked during a multiball. Anyway, maybe I just suck at playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely get what you’re saying here my high score is 4 billion and I couldn’t tell you how I did that! Not a fking clue! Once I get to know the modes I’ve actually started to enjoy them a little. For me personally the majority of Dwight’s modes feel uninspired, dull and the majority feel exactly the same (I’m looking at you Star Trek). I don’t know why or how but Lyman (for me) makes each mode feel different. Eg walking dead each mode just has this warm fuzzy feeling to it whereas Star Wars just feels a little cold and lifeless. In saying that I do think the Endor mission where you have to enter the barracks is pretty cool with 2x 4x shots a set for entering and a set for blowing it up.
    In: Houdini, Iron man, RZ, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
    Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information