Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Farewell Latchmc

Just to inform those here that Larry Parkinson, know as Latchmc here on AA passed away on last Saturday night after battling cancer for the last 2 years Most here wouldn’t have known him that well as he was a quiet sort of a guy.......until you got him going. Lol

A very passionate pinball collector who was still wheeling and dealing right up until a few weeks back. He was given 3 months 18 months ago. Going back on the beer and eating all the foods he should have not been was his secret to lasting longer. The Doctors were unimpressed!

The farmer in him, slow and steady to the point you wanted to throttle him when doing a deal could drive a man to drink. Counting cash was like watching paint dry. One bill at a time and look out if he lost count, yep start all over again. Dry wit and a funny bugger at times without cracking a smile. Larry loved his pins both old and new and would search for years to get one that was to the standard. Australian delivered a bonus!

He had games on site in his beloved Mudgee and whilst he was capable of repairing the things he would often drive the 8 hour round trip to Sydney for repairs and a bit of a chat. I was amazed at his process of getting a game in the trusty old farmers Ute. Well choreographed and for those that have seen it, well a sight for sore eyes and frustrating as all getup not being allowed to help. Larry chatting about the process the whole time.

Pinball tragic, you bet he said. RIP Larry

Edited by JOKERPOKER

Bought Larry's NBA from him recently he called me only a week or so ago , I mentioned to him a few things not as described ,, he said he hadn't noticed them then told me he wanted to refund me some money ,, the cheque arrived yesterday ,, nice gesture given the circumstances ,, and nice bloke to talk to as usual pinball conversations seem to loose track of time

Thanks Scott for posting this. Very sad news to hear and sometimes people fight it and win, unfortunately not in this case:(. As you've said, Larry was funny at times, a pretty decent bloke and a huge passion for the sliverball.

RIP Larry, we'll miss you mate:(

not a great way to start the day. though larry is now at peace.

great guy, who wanted to keep his battle with cancer a secret. he was originally given 6 months but stretched it out to 2 years.

the times he visited he would always bring a dozen of his farm fresh eggs.

can remember out walking my dogs on the beach a few years back and he called to tell me the news the doctor had told him. im kinda lost for words then, as I am now.

during the last 2 years he sold his large farm and started to downsize to make it easier for his family. this included his pinballs.

r.i.p. larry

Edited by illawarra_steelers
sp