Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Newbie question: Vewlix vs Game Wizard Xtreme

Correct. Game Wizard Xtreme is a Vewlix clone - but far more versatile for all practical reasons. Highway Entertainment stated somewhere in this forum that they buy them from a manufacturer who makes them under licence from Taito - so they’re quality. I have one and have been very happy with it.

On the original Vewlix, you can easily rotate the monitor without any additional brackets.

I believe the Game Wizards is the same.

If you get a chewlix from alibaba, then you need special mounting brackets to tate your cab.

The biggest difference between an original Vewlix and a Chewlix (not really sure about the game wizard) is it's compatibility for a proper arcade board.

The Vewlix has all the required connections for a taito type x2/3 game system whilst a Chewlix is generally just chinese jamma wired for an all in one pandora's box - so if you're planning to put an original JVS arcade board, it will be challenging - on top of the power supply requirements.

That said, if you know everything you require and can explain it to the chinese manufacturers, you can essentially get all of it configured.

The game wizard I believe is Taito Type X2 compatible with the correct psu and jvs i/o - I'm not 100% sure if it's TTX3 compatible as I understand that requires the "fast i/o" from the vewlix cabs? (again, not really 100% sure about this one).

Something to also note is there are two types of "game wizard" vewlix style - one that has the normal panel and another that has that crazy panel with all those analog components from joypads.