Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Johnny Mnemonic ball trough driving me insane!

allsportdvd.com

Question

Hi all

My ball trough area of Johnny Mnemonic is shortening my life.

80% of the time when a ball is ejected from the trough into play the other balls don’t move down the trough unless the ball in play knocks them forward upon draining.

So every time I lock a ball no ball comes into play unless I shake the sh!t out of the machine.

I have tried a brand new ball trough thinking there was wear = same problem

I tried new balls thinking maybe they magnetised and tested the old and new balls for it = same problem

I tried to make the angle of the trough steeper thinking it’s gravity = same problem

I tested all of the optos in case = same problem

Does anyone have any idea why in the living hell the balls don’t move down the trough????

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

13 answers to this question

Either your trough has divots worn into it or your balls are magnetised or both, You can buy a plastic or stainless insert to fix this or pull the trough out and sand the surface smooth again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either your trough has divots worn into it or your balls are magnetised or both, You can buy a plastic or stainless insert to fix this or pull the trough out and sand the surface smooth again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I mentioned I put in a brand spanking new trough and also tested the balls with the same problem persisting

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

sometimes the vuk plunger stays in the up position

otherwise there is no reason, you will need a small camera to see the problem

- - - Updated - - -

the other issue I saw was the balls sitting in the opto cutouts if angle is too great

fit a clear sleeve

So i had the same issue with my johnny. New balls that do not magnatize from RTBB solved my problem, i have no problem now. At first i replaced the balls with new ones i had at home, but they magnetized pretty quickly. The magnetized balls hold on to each other just enough so they wont roll in the trough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I got the Carbon balls.

Edited by 63wizz
added ball type