Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Checking out an MK LAI cab tomorrow. What to look for?

zer0entity

Question

Hi all, title says it all really. I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to purchase a Mortal Kombat LAI cab. It was originally an MK1 cab (has MK1 marquee and control panel) running an MK3 PCB.

I'd like to know is there anything in particular I need to look at, check or ask about when i'm viewing it? First impressions are it looks good, no monitor issues and controls seemed to be tight and working, but on my second look i'd like to know if there's anything more sneaky I should be aware of. Power supply? Chassis integrity? Rust spots? PCB damage? etc etc

Any help here would be fantastic, thanks!

Cheers thanks. Yeh all the bits are there and it looks to be working. i.e monitor, original umk3 board, power supply, coin mech etc

Have you inspected the cab yet? When you power on the cab make sure there are no rom errors when the board boots up. Give it a play and check to see all controls and buttons working.

Looks like it only needs cosmetic work

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yep had a good look around and inside it, ran diagnostics in test menu, ROMs all check out. Played on both P1 and P2 controls and all were working well and felt punchy, coin mech worked fine too!

So to my eye yeah just cosmetic damage which will give me a cool project to work on without having to worry about re-wiring or installing any electricals, unless I pick up a new PCB and in that case I will be learning how to install one of those, gulp.

Cheers thanks. Yeh all the bits are there and it looks to be working. i.e monitor, original umk3 board, power supply, coin mech etc

Have you inspected the cab yet? When you power on the cab make sure there are no rom errors when the board boots up. Give it a play and check to see all controls and buttons working.

Looks like it only needs cosmetic work

Wondering why you've said the earlier ones aren't original? As far as I'm aware the side pic I put up earlier is original. My cabinet has Lai mk stickers on some of the parts.the original control panel & a 25inch tube.is there something to suggest it's a conversion?

Wondering why you've said the earlier ones aren't original? As far as I'm aware the side pic I put up earlier is original. My cabinet has Lai mk stickers on some of the parts.the original control panel & a 25inch tube.is there something to suggest it's a conversion?

Those type of cabs also were used for Golden Tee kit conversion set up too.

Sorry yeh your cab is the same as mine, I was referring to the other one which was originally used for MK2 cabs among other games