Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 9 ~ Wardner (closes 25-Aug)

Zombie attack …

MGLXL – Game 9 ~ Wardner

Nominated by gamer: JES

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: wardner (world)

3YmnF4Y.png

Game Story:

You move through the various stages battling zombie-like creatures collecting money and eventually rescuing the princess. Shop between stages to purchase health, time, and more powerful weapons.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 25 August 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

*** Anytime you can collect an extra life more than once (outside of extra lives off of points), you may collect that extra life ONLY ONCE! This is due to the ability to collect some lives more than once, leading to an easy max out of the score ***

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 … You can buy your health …

Last played somewhere between MGL1 and MGL7, about 11 years ago.

uCeCZvL.png

:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitting this out of frustration. On this game I reached the final level but died on the second lot of ghosts. I've since had a game that died 7 times on the final boss for a 21K higher score but I thought at the time it was only a 1K increase so didn't take a screenshot and recorded over the inp file. :punish:

Might get a game or 2 in tonight before work. Too frustrated right now. Time for bed :sleep

wardner.png.53987c502ec69ab8432f6d0e616085c7.png

This was the last game to arrive in my local Arcade in UK before moving to AUS in 88.

One thing I do remember is that a number of us could complete the game within a few weeks, it's not the greatest ever but it's not the worst & brings back more than a few memories, I had a quick game last night but was about 2mil short of my best so no score yet...

This was the last game to arrive in my local Arcade in UK before moving to AUS in 88.

One thing I do remember is that a number of us could complete the game within a few weeks, it's not the greatest ever but it's not the worst & brings back more than a few memories, I had a quick game last night but was about 2mil short of my best so no score yet...

I hope you're not saying you moved to Australia because they put Wardner in your local arcade in the UK ... :confused:

I hope you're not saying you moved to Australia because they put Wardner in your local arcade in the UK ... :confused:

No, just that this was the last new game I remember playing over there, I didn't have alot of say in the move, but as far as the Arcade scene I would of much sooner stayed over there! Didn't even have my C64 till it arrived 4 months later.

Managed to get my first 1CC on this game. Got all the way to the final boss without losing a life, then lost all my spare lives. I think my score was just under 200k before defeating the boss then it gives you tonnes of points for how much gold you have left.

0004.png.f61b8cd057778cd04447b410b79ddd5c.png

0005.png.d6949410918c940bc412c74841a73f82.png

Managed to get my first 1CC on this game. Got all the way to the final boss without losing a life, then lost all my spare lives. I think my score was just under 200k before defeating the boss then it gives you tonnes of points for how much gold you have left.

Wow great play there. Even bigger scores to come maybe?

:023:

Day 5 of 17 ...

Wardner was made by TAITO (The Space Invaders people). Other machines made by TAITO during the time period Wardner was produced include Arkanoid - Revenge Of Doh, Double Dragon, Dr. Toppel Tankentai, Flying Shark, Hishou Same, Daikaiju No Gyakushu - Giant Monster Counterattack, Violent Shooting, Land Sea Air Squad, Great Gurianos, and Inspiration Baseball. There are some very interesting titles in that list.

kdNO0j8.png

It says get ready for the adventure of your lifetime.

:)

Pessimeister: 39, 980

0000.png.03e815933822937e1a8fe3e1b639f54b.png

Small improvement. Fluffed some jumps majorly in the middle of level 2. Is it just me, or do the bouncing dudes at the start of that level look like they're on the toilet or something? Man, it's an odd segue. They're called "hopping hunchbacks" apparently. :)