Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 9 ~ Wardner (closes 25-Aug)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*1,134,050*

I Haven't played Wardner for ages. Surprisingly, didn't take long to remember to play. Took 4 plays to get my million. I will try to better it, we'll see.

Wow, great result just after a few games!

:031:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 16 of 17 ...

Wardner's world of scores ...

bKMrRw4.png

cARKGIP.jpg

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

:)

Thank You OOO for the comment. Used to play Wardner back in the early 90's. But you guys are crazy man. DeMar getting 7 mill. Like that has to be at least 50,000 gold and having 7 lives left over, meaning getting through in one life. I'm just starting to remember the game, but mining the gold? I found in level 2 at the top at the conveyor belts, you can go back and forth for at least a minute in game time, to kill the birds. Have no time to explore the game, just happy to remember enough to finish the bloody thing.

0003.png.00aec87897617b938156ef77c025803e.png

Breakout game! I made it to Wardner for the first time. Last life lost on Wardner's final form.

I still haven't cleared the castle without dying and the faeries seem essential for getting past the ghosts without burning lives.

9,999,990 - WolfMAME 0.199

872567175_wardner9999990.thumb.png.7bc190ed46ffb2b5002ffbe940070e33.png

Not a bad game, but a bit too easy to leech points. If it's ever used for a tournament in the future, I'd strongly suggest adding a limited number of lives requirement (3-5 would probably be good) - that's where the skill needed could really shine through, instead of there just being a list of maxouts.

IllSeaBass submitted a very nice 1-life run to TG: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/208427-M-A-M-E-Wardner-World-TGES-One-Life-Only-2-797-590-Matt-Sales

Thank You OOO for the comment. Used to play Wardner back in the early 90's. But you guys are crazy man. DeMar getting 7 mill. Like that has to be at least 50,000 gold and having 7 lives left over, meaning getting through in one life. I'm just starting to remember the game, but mining the gold? I found in level 2 at the top at the conveyor belts, you can go back and forth for at least a minute in game time, to kill the birds. Have no time to explore the game, just happy to remember enough to finish the bloody thing.

It’s a fun game with a lot of variety.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent. A 1CC is a great effort!

- - - Updated - - -

9,999,990 - WolfMAME 0.199

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152410

Not a bad game, but a bit too easy to leech points. If it's ever used for a tournament in the future, I'd strongly advise suggest adding a limited number of lives requirement (3-5 would probably be good) - that's where the skill needed could really shine through, instead of there just being a list of maxouts.

IllSeaBass submitted a very nice 1-life run to TG: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/208427-M-A-M-E-Wardner-World-TGES-One-Life-Only-2-797-590-Matt-Sales

Yes it is a good game. Yes maybe in future draws a 1 life track would be interesting. ILLSeaBass mentioned to me a few days ago this would be a good track. Well done on the max out.

- - - Updated - - -

Another max out. Superb. You like all the 9s in your scores, eg this game and Mr Do!

- - - Updated - - -

8.5 hours to go until this game is closed.

Take the advantage to post some high scores on this title, it doesn’t happen often in the MGL.

:026:

Pessimeister: 278, 870

0008.png.82985b3b9192fd5e544bcb5d0648154a.png

I've made it to Wardner a couple of times now but alas, can't seem to make it with a fairy to help against the ghosts. Is it possible to kill Wardner's final form without a fairy? I seem to keep either hitting his knee or getting burnt to a crisp from behind. :) I might try a couple more times. Incredible growing list of 1CC's everyone! That's good gaming.