Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 9 ~ Wardner (closes 25-Aug)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Moderator

This game (along with Physic 5) are a good example of why we dont use the % scoring system as if you finish the game you get a butt tonne of points and everyone else, well they get butkish for their efforts

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Pessimeister: 65, 080

0003.png.1e23f9eed32a0598f0931fc0db017c1d.png

I had a look at Retro Uprising's scores for Wardner and had to marvel at Barra's 3.2 million. Pretty amazing stuff! http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=6624

I'm slowing getting further into level 3 but I'm having to be very cautious - there's always a surprise coming for me. :)

Pessimeister: 172, 590

0010.png.445a8c71ce643c060224c49f1d515687.png

I've had a couple of goes at the top end of the castle now, but it's starting to get pretty tough. I might be slowly running out of steam. :)

A question to the high scoring and more experienced players: Is it worth completing level 3 properly for normal score, or is using the Phoenix shortcut simply the best way to go? It's definitely the safest.

Pessimeister: 181, 310

0002.png.7702ec07570741f1af174a0825765111.png

I had a few goes at the Megadrive/Genesis port over on RetroUprising last night. It's certainly harder than the coin-op; I could barely manage 16, 000! Some sections are extended (clouds) and the jumps somehow feel longer. The first dragon also breathes fire from two places, making it a much more intense boss fight.

In any case, this game has been a nice surprise and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Not sure what a fair goal for it is or how far away from the end boss I am, I'm just going to try and have fun at this point. :)

Pessimeister: 181, 310

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152287

I had a few goes at the Megadrive/Genesis port over on RetroUprising last night. It's certainly harder than the coin-op; I could barely manage 16, 000! Some sections are extended (clouds) and the jumps somehow feel longer. The first dragon also breathes fire from two places, making it a much more intense boss fight.

In any case, this game has been a nice surprise and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Not sure what a fair goal for it is or how far away from the end boss I am, I'm just going to try and have fun at this point. :)

Sound advice. This was a hit in most country arcades when released from 1987. This was after the arcade video gaming crash in the US, but no crash in Japan or Australia.