Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 8 ~ R-Type (closes 25-Aug)

Well, rtypej isn't even listed in my wolfmame106 emulator. Have no idea why, but all that shows up is rtype, rtypepj, and rtypeu. I'll work on it another 15 minutes and if I can't get it to work, then I may have to take a 0. Unfortunately I don't have the time due to other important priorities that came up on my end. Sucks, but it is what it is.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152438

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152440

On 106 use the rtype rom. It was renamed to rtypej later on

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The competitive side of me says to sit on this submission for another 2 hours but I've never done that in the past. That's not the way I roll as they say.

Happy with this score though I missed some easy points early so there is room for improvement.

The beers are still working :40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::p

rtype.png.776d003912c523507f602d005f14f476.png

The competitive side of me says to sit on this submission for another 2 hours but I've never done that in the past. That's not the way I roll as they say.

Happy with this score though I missed some easy points early so there is room for improvement.

The beers are still working :40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::40s::p

A super score!

2.5 hours to go ... :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

Pessimeister: 208, 700

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152448

Happy to hit 200 k on this ol' shmup.

Nice shmupping ... :laugh:

A super score!

2.5 hours to go ... :rolleyes

It wouldn't surprise me if this score doesn't hold up but if that's the case then it is what it is. Last time R-Type was in the MGL the battle between me and Ed 209 went down to the last half hour or so. History may repeat but I'll be having a few more attempts just in case. It would be nice to win something other than Burgertime :lol

364,800 - WolfMAME 0.199

1504572111_rtype364800.thumb.png.ddd543bbdc58ae9db3b7cf56a51e1fd3.png

Couldn't understand how I died in stage 7 during this run, had to watch it back to see - couldn't have been more than a pixel off. Was hoping to clear the first loop of this before the tourney ended, but I'll have to try again tomorrow in the offseason.

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

FeSHhp4.png

According to Games Producer Takoya Banno, one of the most noteworthy innovations of R-Type was the unique worldview, especially the Bydo creatures, who are shockingly unique, grotesque, but still beautiful. So, by a fortuitous combination of these factors, R-Type became one of the standouts in game history.

And so we played the first ever release, and it was a big hit in the arcades, especially with shooting fans looking for even greater challenges. All gamers in this tournament were challenged to the extreme with R-Type, which is good to see, as gamers develop their skills and appreciation of these types of video games.

e7CFp0F.jpg

208K to 293K is a super score, where Ivanstorm1973, JES, kane, megaderek, creech, Arcadinator, Derek and Pessimeister all played really well to achieve their results. Getting used to the attachment and getting thrown backward to start the stage section again make this title ultra hard. Many of the modern shmup games don’t torture you in this way, they let you play on from where you are, when you die!

DaLar and ILLSeaBass battled for superb scores of 316K and 311K respectively, taking out 4th and 5th place on this title.

JasonV91 played great for 3rd place and just missed 2nd place by 3,500 points.

Dazzer_ fought his way through the Bydo storm for 368,300 points and just missed out on 1st place by 2,900 points! Taking out a brilliant 2nd place, it was a very close contest.

Congratulations to Robert Macauley for winning Game 8, with a top score of 371,200 points. This was Rob’s first game win since Game 7 - BurgerTime in MGL35. Extremely well played. No matter what level your game is at, it always pays to keep trying your best!

gOCGrvB.png

This was the 2nd last game of MGLXL. And now to the last game …

:)