Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Baby Star XXXXin 1 Worth repairing and by who?

timothyds

Question

Hi I just bought an arcade cabinet(home made Job) that has Jackie Chan's old fighting game in it and it came with a Baby Star double deck Jamma thing with a hard disk that the fan does not work on and it makes no image? not sure if im plugging it in right or if its worth repairing? The previous owner said it worked until the fan died and he replaced the fan but it still didn't work. Who would i take it to to get it fixed and is it worth the effort and cost?

what is a good option for replacement that the games play well on. I have a Pandora's key system that some of the games are great and others horrible so i'm not sure that's a good option for the cabinet as i want it to run like a proper arcade system without the lag and crappy game looks and play of some of the emulators I'v seen.

sorry long post for a newbie. Tim

2 answers to this question

Presuming the monitor still works fine with the Jackie Chan board... I wouldn't imagine it would be economical to repair an XXX-in-1 with those symptoms, but i'm not expert. The alternatives are, a new XXX-in-1 but an up-to-date one so you get a more seamless experience. More powerful with better features is a raspberry pi solution, but it'll be harder to set up. A PC is going to be the most powerful and versatile solution, but will require the most work and probably be the most expensive.

Alot of the older xxxin1 will probably annoy you if you already consider the pandora annoying in quality.

Basically the babystar is a PC running software and outputting signal for CRT monitor.

There are newer units you can purchase.

There are people who repair the units on here but more as a challenge rather than money.

You can give it away to someone who can use the parts etc on it.