Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade monitor blue screen

Andyj965

Question

Hi All,

I just replaced my MS8-26 chassis with one recently repaired by Joey due to getting a blue screen regardless of whether there is a game plugged in or not.

But I get the same result with the repaired chassis so I don't believe it's a chassis issue.

I did find a thread that suggested it was a 5v issue but when I check the psu it is supplying 5v.

So I'm hoping someone might have a idea on what else to check.

Thanks,

Andy3e7d834e56bfafb10a01cb5d850979b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

And here's another question - I know I've done this a number of times, but I'm making the assumption that the remote board connected?

I've had a number of times I thought the monitor was screwed, only to find out that I didn't connect the remote board #n00b :D :D

Sounds like a heater-to-cathode short in the tube. If so, there are three solutions:

1) Replace tube.

2) Remove short with rejuvenator/restorer.

3) Isolate heater pin from ground and get new heater voltage by winding a 2-3 turns of wire around flyback core.

Sounds like a heater-to-cathode short in the tube. If so, there are three solutions:

1) Replace tube.

2) Remove short with rejuvenator/restorer.

3) Isolate heater pin from ground and get new heater voltage by winding a 2-3 turns of wire around flyback core.

Thanks mate. I have some spares so will be able to check this

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk