Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Translite air bubbles, how do i rid these?

kirk332

Question

IMG_7428.thumb.jpg.c09046b0d2b394fc1f30ed7f019ce7e9.jpg

I have installed a newly manufactured, locally procured translite onto a perfectly clean and dry piece of glass and the results are shown in the photo. There is a lot of static electricity within the translite which makes it stick to the glass then creating what I call, a liquid effect, on the glass. Has anyone experienced this before and do you have a fix? It makes a beautiful looking translite look absolutely crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

16 answers to this question

Sort of but where it decides not to stick, which it does when squeegied, it just comes off the glass/un-sticks again. Hope that makes sense. I think i need to try and some how remove the static charge on the translite. When I peel it off the glass the hairs on my arm all stand to attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I been meaning to ask the same question for a while now , on my games where this same thing happens I have put sticky tape around the translite to hold it in place / to the glass maybe this causes air to get trapped, funny this is Iam to lazy/drunk to see if this is what's causing the problem 😂

My whitewater had it, looked awful and patchy. Translites aren't actually intended to "stick" to the glass.

My translite seemed to have a very light greasy film on it. Warm soapy water in a spray bottle and gave both a clean, gently with the translite. Allow to dry thouroughly. Reassemble.

Translite no longer trying to "stick" to glass at any point, and so not creating "bubbles" anymore. Looks much better.

I need to do this to my dr dude as it just started doing it again after a few years since it last did,

I clean both the glass and the trans light it self. And left to dry for a day. I make sure when putting back that the day had no humidity in the air.

Translite air bubbles, how do i rid these?

Give the translite a wipe with anti-static spray before installing it back on. Did this on my hook restore and had great results. I got the spray from woollies from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]143824[/ATTACH]

I have installed a newly manufactured, locally procured translite onto a perfectly clean and dry piece of glass and the results are shown in the photo. There is a lot of static electricity within the translite which makes it stick to the glass then creating what I call, a liquid effect, on the glass. Has anyone experienced this before and do you have a fix? It makes a beautiful looking translite look absolutely crap.

You have removed the protective film haven't you?

Just thought I would ask

Give the translite a wipe with anti-static spray before installing it back on. Did this on my hook restore and had great results. I got the spray from woollies from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been told from a photographer/framer friend that Plexus is a good product to use for static issues, just need to try and locate some.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade