Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Importing a Machine From The States (completed with costs)

punkin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys know that besides the Hankins, someone imported all the machines in Australia at some stage?

Yes. And I would hope you know that they are mostly brought over in bulk lots, not ones and twos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An update on this process for those playing along at home and those searching down the track.

Jason at Pinbvall Classics is going to bring it in for me with his next container. Cost is $480US ($680au) landed at Brisbane (plus the G). Just waiting for him to give me the address of the warehouse in LA it's being delivered too as he has told me the exporter has moved.

This is the machine i have purchased from a great guy in the States that restored it without it ever being listed for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-save-a-sorcerer-or-how-to-spend-3000-on-a-1200-machine

I expect the machine (all going well) to end up costing me $4850au or thereabouts ex Brisbane (i'll drive up and get it).

I don't believe it's a viable option for all titles as some titles hold value over there much better than here, but some rarer titles (like this one) are much less valued in the States.

In the case of Sorcerer i don't believe if i waited 10 years (haven't got that long) i would find a better machine any where near that money in Australia (if at all). I'll still be buying machines locally, but for that exception i would absolutely recommend that people investigate the option.

TheEndIHopePunkin

• Like 1

I was aware of that machine, it's discussed earlier here and in my wanted ad. I've spoken to someone who's seen it (and to Jeff who owns it) and i had Dedrok lined up to completely restore it if it came down to that. I don't think i would have gotten out of that under 7 or 8k and a year or more. Been advertised on the book for a while and as far as i can tell the only one advertised for sale in Australia since i started hunting.

I still have half a mind to buy it for spares.

• 4 months later...
Not really my thing the horror theme (even though i have a Tales). Plus i'm getting close to my limit number (and have at least two and possibly 3 machines already coming with Orbiter luck) and have to start either being very choosy or letting things go.:cry

Hoping to drive up and see Jason this weekend and pick the machine up.

For those that are interested and all those who said not to do it as it's horrifying and expensive, here is the dollars and cents.

Machine cost was $3020US which equals $4685au at commbanks horrible exchange rate.

Shipping was $480US which equals $750au at paypal's horrible exchange rate.

The GST equaled $318.18au

Total $au cost ex Brisbane for this ground up nut and bolt restored machine is $5,753.18au.

The only machine in half decent condition i've seen advertised in Australia since i started looking nearly a year ago was over $8,000au.

I'm pretty happy with how it all went, assuming there was no damage in transit.

Pictures to come next week.

Edited by punkin
  • Like 8

Just to wrap this thread up (sorry for the crosspost), i drove to Brisbane and met a great bloke, Jason. The machine traveled half way around the world and thanks to the great packing job from the restorer Alan and the careful packing in the container from Jason's guys it was completely unscathed as far as i can tell.

So same freight cost in $au as my machine coming from Perth.

Won't work for all machines, but some are still undervalued.

sorcerer1.thumb.jpg.14daea1f74ef49e682c7f8c9600c1440.jpg

• Like 10

someones done naughty things on the invoice then .. the gst on it legally should have been 10% of the game value and of the freight value as well. maybe best you dont post numbers

I was going to say the same thing, If Jason Gets audited, he will get it trouble for not declaring your game as a separate BILL of lading in the container and a lot of separate clearing fees and charges and Tax evasion for the obvious Low GST amount declared. We had to pay the ATO back $65,000 we claimed back of GST we paid Customs on games our sister Holding company paid for but Mr Pinball imported them and paid the GST and claimed it back. ATO said as Mr Pinball Didn't pay for the games they couldn't claim back the GST.

Messy one company had to put a variation into the ATO, same with Spook Agent here, if you pay spooky Direct every game should be on a Separate BILL of Lading in the container and you should be paying your own invoice to customs broker not them as they don't own the games so they shouldn't be paying the GST and not valid to claim back.

I know heaps offer a set fee to ship items in but I wouldn't be making that public

someones done naughty things on the invoice then .. the gst on it legally should have been 10% of the game value and of the freight value as well. maybe best you dont post numbers

So why has it been highlighted ?

PM would off been the best option ....

to @punkin to edit the post

• Like 2