Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Well this beast appeared. But she is going to be a lot of fun.

One of my fav genre’s of games back in the day was racing games. So I decided to build a racing cabinet. It has two sections, hopefully easier to move.

Getting a bit too much testing and not enough building haha. 42 inch TV is a monster. SAAS seat from autobahn. PC is a dell optiplex 980 with a GTX 960.

Games are all arcade versions. Outrun 2 SP, GRID, Mario Kart DX, Sonic All Stars Racing and Sega Rally 3.

IMG_0187.thumb.jpg.c14cdd831cb6af705bbca068594173ab.jpg

IMG_0183.thumb.jpg.6fe4a2ebdde4e06690249853bf523c87.jpg

IMG_0182.thumb.jpg.346173f4f3621bdd5e0d6278a6a705dc.jpg

Edited by philby85

Nice work so far, love having a driving cabinet in the gamesroom. Even better if there are 2 linked :)

Haha, my son in law is at me to build another to link up. Would love to but they take up so much space.

• 3 months later...

Nice work! That's a big tv you got in there. :) I'd love to build a couple of these linked one day. Zero room at the moment though...

Definitely put Need For Speed Most Wanted (the original 2005 version) on there. It is a killer game. Very much arcade racing fun. Probably my favourite racing game.

Nice work! That's a big tv you got in there. :) I'd love to build a couple of these linked one day. Zero room at the moment though...

Definitely put Need For Speed Most Wanted (the original 2005 version) on there. It is a killer game. Very much arcade racing fun. Probably my favourite racing game.

I will check that out, thanks for the heads up !

- - - Updated - - -

What version of TP? And have you tried to get OR2 to network?

Whatever the latest version is only updated a couple of days ago. Haven’t tried to network.

Well, i'm partial to Sega Touring Car Championship (STCC) on Model 2. And the PC version of Outrun2, although very slightly graphically inferior, has a mod called FXT by Howard Castro. This adds highres textures, force feedback and more. Next update is slated to include the track editor, which lets you create a custom arrangement of stages and allows you to do things like infinite loops, i believe. The forum Howard will post his release to is here - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,55.0.html

Oh, and Initial D6, 7 & 8 all run on TP. They seem pretty awesome, though i'm running 15kHz so i can't get them to go full speed :( You won't have that problem though.

Edited by buttersoft

• 9 months later...

024CBAD3-4016-4ADE-870E-248D5581EB29.thumb.jpeg.7c46c936646f75b44c1ad7f28d33a442.jpeg

Finally finished this cab. Added Marquee and side art. Added 4 tactile transducers for great feedback in games. This machine gets a lot of use. Also swapped out the 43� 1080p TV for a 4K model.

I5 3570k

1660 GTX

16gb ram

1TB SSD

024CBAD3-4016-4ADE-870E-248D5581EB29.thumb.jpeg.c3d0375accd2db1e40af3ae2a1afb060.jpeg

Edited by philby85
  • Like 4