Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Anyone know how to easily remove the gear knob? I want to 3D print up some dust covers to replace the smashed up ones. I have managed to remove the gear box, but that’s about it.

d4e99bfeead96d44d97aa4e275d6e3f2.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Super Moderator

The way its usually done is cut a black piece of plastic into a rectangle,drill a hole the size of the shaft then cut it from the short side to the hole and slip it on.

Never had much success trying to remove the knob without damaging it

Yeah I wouldn't rate your chances of removing the knob without damaging it

I am sure, from looking at the 'exploded' diagram in the manual, that you can remove the shaft with a bit of effort, so you can replace the dust washers

I struggled to work on one of those.. I essentially wanted to replace the gear stick but I honestly gave up.

I couldn't really translate the exploded diagram too well, so I just kept what I got and am always on the lookout from what yaton has on their eBay site - even though I've been burned one too many times from yaton

I took mine right apart but I can’t remember how I did it. I’m a Mechanic by trade and it didn’t stand out to me as anything difficult so it didn’t stick in my memory. send some photos of all sides and underneath and I’ll see what I remember.

• 3 months later...