Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mirror Blades and Dr Who

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check - I read that the clearance of the playfield vs Cabinet side is too small for mirror blades in a Dr Who - Can anyone confirm this, or advise me if there are thinner MBs that will work?

Still mostly a Pinny newbie, but would like to make sure I dont buy something I cant use!

Cheers and much thanks!

Garry

The clearance depends on the tolerance of the cab not the title.

I have fitted blades on a dr who with enough clearance.

Dr who's can get caught on the bracket on the right side when lifting the playfield leaving an arc scratch.

You should cover over the sides of the blades when you lift the playfield with any pin with blades.

It is true it depends on the individual machine but some machines have a history of tight tolerances. Dr. WHO being notorious on the right side with the bracket scratching the cabinet even without mirror blades. So far only Dr. WHO has given me trouble. Had no issue with other machines.

Rather than using a good quality double sided tape to apply mirror blades which is about 1mm thick, I tried spray on (in a can) contact cement with great success on a pinny with minimal clearance.

What type of spots DJC?

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/playfield-accent-spotlight-assembly-545-5409-01/

- - - Updated - - -

Let us know how you do it, this was my plan B. Do mirror blades work on Dr Who? The sides are very busy.

Will do. Mirror blades work but are quite tight.

- - - Updated - - -

Pics when done please

Sure :-)