Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 6 ~ Joust 2 (closes 11-Aug)

So this game is much worse than Joust, or is Joust awful as well?

:unsure

Joust is waaaaaayyyyyy better than Joust 2 - the screen orientation, terrain, difficulty ramp-up, randomness (i.e. no reliance on golden egg luck, no mechanical buzzards appearing out of nowhere), and controls (no need to transform) are all vastly superior, in my opinion.

I give Williams credit for trying to freshen up the sequel a bit, but I think they missed the mark. I'm sure some people are enjoying this, and good on 'em, but this one is a clear stinker to me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up 5 places in to 11th spot. A very nice score and placing increase.

:059:

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151750

- - - Updated - - -

That's it for me. This game gives me no enjoyment whatsoever.

Some gamers have told me that they get a lot of joy when they stop playing this game. That's interesting logic, they need to play to get the enjoyment of not playing it afterward. I checked out this concept on the internet. Where would we be without the internet?

On a normal day, you might have something annoying or painful to do (like paying the bills). And you also might have something good happen to you (like a friend sending you a thoughtful email). If you read the email on your lunch break and then pay the bills when you get home from work, you will remember your day as going from a good experience to a bad experience. That’s the opposite of what you want.

However, if you decide to stack the pain early in your day — for example, if you pay your bills in the morning before you go to work and then read the email from your friend on your lunch break — you will remember your day as going from bad to good. As a result, you’ll feel happier because your brain likes it when experiences improve as time goes on.

Just like Joust 2, maybe ... :lol

I quite like this game, but the Joust 2 fan club is a lonely place!!

0009.png.8bd57c54820c14442cca632fbfdb5307.png

*NOTE* This video is not of the score above. I had recorded this, then thought I'd play one more game, and beat my own score!

I quite like this game, but the Joust 2 fan club is a lonely place!!

I will pop out of the cupboard and say I am a fan. The original Joust needed a sequel where gamers couldn’t score a billion points. So Joust 2 is very hard, a super challenge for all gamers, no matter who they are. Who’s got a board and hasn’t posted a score? Even the best struggle immensely.