Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MARK DOWN PINBALL / A1 PIZZA Mini League!

MARK DOWN PINBALL & PIZZA Mini League!

A1 Pizza of Port Pirie is holding a Mini League in March/April.

The Mini League will be run at A1 Pizza/MARK-DOWN in Port Pirie. 68 Florence St., Port Pirie, S.A.,5540.

Two of the games there will be used for qualifying, everyone is encouraged to come along and have a go!! . Two machines will be set to $1 per play. They will be clearly marked with "Tournament Play" Toppers during the qualifying period.

The qualifying period will begin at 10am on Wednesday 27th March 2019, through to close at 11pm on Saturday 6th April 2019.

Business hours at A1 Pizza are: Mondays to Thursdays 10am-10pm, Fridays 9am-11pm, Saturdays 4pm-11pm and Sundays 4pm-10pm.

Results will be updated to Matchplay Live at regular intervals, so that players can track their standings.

Finals will be held Sunday afternoon, 7th April 2019, 5pm-10pm. Warmup from 4pm.

Players can come along at any time during business hours over the qualifying period to play and register scores. Any score that a player wishes to enter will need to be verified by an official scorer at A1 Pizza. Selfies cannot be accepted for qualifying scores, but will be Encouraged so that Andrew can upload some of them to Facebook or AA

Each player’s 2 highest scores on each of the 2 machines will be counted towards qualifying for the finals. Players can make an unlimited number of attempts at qualifying during the designated period. So that is 2 scores for each machine, 4 scores will be counted!

The top 50% of the qualifying field up to a maximum of 16 players will go through to the finals.

Finals will be Single Elimination, best of 7 games on different machines.

Prizes will be provided for with a proportion of the coins collected by the machines over the qualifying period. The level depends on how much is collected.

EVENT INFORMATION.

QUALIFYING: During business hours at A1 Pizza/Mark-Down (Mondays to Thursdays 10am-10pm, Fridays 9am-11pm, Saturdays 4pm-11pm and Sundays 4pm-10pm), beginning at 10am on Wednesday 27th March 2019, through to close at 11pm on Saturday 6th April 2019

Scores will be regularly entered/updated to Matchplay so players can see where they stand on matchplay live. It will be a good idea for players to register to Matchplay Events so they can monitor where they stand.

Each player’s 2 highest scores on each of the 2 machines will be counted towards qualifying for the finals.

There is no point registering a score on a particular machine if it is LOWER than your two highest previously registered scores as it will not count!

During the qualifying period, players need to be prepared to play doubles etc if there are other players wanting to play.

FINALS: Sunday afternoon, 7th April 2019

Registration and warm up 4pm-5pm.

Information and questions from players 5:00pm-5:15pm sharp.

Tournament: 5pm-11pm

Single elimination best of 7 games on different machines.

TOURNAMENT IN DETAIL

Best Game Card (Mini League).

Tournament Name: MARKDOWN Mini League April 2019

Tournament Director: Ray Gillett

Tournament Director's email: fragpinball AT gmail DOT com

Tournament location: A1 Pizza/MARK-DOWN. 68 Florence St., Port Pirie, S.A.,5540.

Private location (Y/N): N

Tournament Date/s: Wednesday 27th March, to Sunday 7th April 2019

Tournament times: Mon-Thur 10am-10pm, Fri 9am-11pm, Sat 4pm-11pm, Sun 4pm-10pm Qualifying, Sunday 4pm Finals

Tournament fee: Coin Slot Entry $1 per game

Tournament Website Link: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/98538-MARK-DOWN-PINBALL-A1-PIZZA-Mini-League!

Matchplay: https://matchplay.events/live/1dw7q https://matchplay.events/live/g9yb8

Tournament format details: Mini League Best Game Qualifying. Single Elimination finals.

QUALIFYING: Best Game. Best 2 scores on each of the 2 machines. 50% of the qualifying field up to a maximum of 16 players will qualify for the finals.

FINALS: Single elimination best of 7 games on different machines. The higher ranked qualifier for game one of each best of 7 round has the choice of either: machine played OR going first or second.

Estimated # of players: 30

Meaningful # of games played: 30 (9q, 21f) - TGP 100% (36%q, 84%f)

Unlimited Qualifying (Y/N): Y

If yes, how many hours?: 20+ hours

Edited by razorsedge

Tag is working fine. It was the replay function that was causing the code errors, so that is left off, It has a new coin mech installed so takes tokens and coins together now. If you did visit your machines weekly? you may have been updated on tag. ps. bring me a $1 $2 sticker for the coin slot, thanks Andrew

Tag is working fine. It was the replay function that was causing the code errors, so that is left off, It has a new coin mech installed so takes tokens and coins together now. If you did visit your machines weekly? you may have been updated on tag. ps. bring me a $1 $2 sticker for the coin slot, thanks Andrew

You're never around when I'm there! Lol :P

I thought the service note said leave everything standard or it will s#it? .... Did you get new code??

Be in there tomorrow anyway mate, got to get games organised ready for feddy!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 1 month later...
All I did was contribute to someones winnings haha!!

Surely it isn't that hard to register the scores and participate?

It looks like tourneys will be a thing of the past at this rate. 6 entrants means there can only be 3 in the finals. Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Participate in local tournaments!

Pinball isn't that boring, when you can play amongst friends :)

Perhaps people don't realise by registering their scores they get to play on finals day when these games are on free play. There are lots of people playing and not registering scores. It's a bit disheartening really. Makes no sense to me.

Sorry, I just play for fun. I don’t enjoy flipping if I’m competing against people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're competing against yourself. Except in company....

... or whatever way you want to see it I guess.

To "most" it is a social thing more than a competitive thing. Well that is what I do it for at least. I suk :lol

I find it satisfying as practice comes and gradually seem to "Play Better!" lol

Not playing with people, unfortunate perspective imho.

Either way if there winds up only 6 qualifiers there would only be three allowed for finals. Barely able to run it.... which would be a shame. They're really great games! ... Really! . Fun! To share :)