Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 13) New Zealand 5TH-8TH MARCH 2020

Strategising the conversation with the wife... "Would you like to head to NZ in late summer/early autumn next year?"

Yeah, it's like my mate who asked his wife what she wanted for her birthday. She wanted a cake mixer. On the reveal on her birthday, she shrieked "that's not a cake mixer, it a f*&king drill press!"

I've just made a booking with Air NZ for a few of us. Jump in if you want.

Flight NZ 0425 departs AKL 12pm Thursday 5th March. Arrives Wellington 1.10pm cost $49.

Flight NZ 0428 departs WLG 12.45pm Friday 6th March. Arrives AKL 1.50pm cost $89.

No check in bags, no insurance, no seat selection, paid by internet banking rather than credit card so no extra costs. Total was $138 each.

I would have like to arrive in WLG a bit earlier and leave a bit later but those flights got more costlier.

I'll be looking for accommodation around the Upper Hutt area later.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also a definite for all events. My daughter won't be in Wellies anymore :022: , so I'll be looking at something in Upper Hutt too.

Fish Tales hey...

Just a headsup but don't stay at the Dupont in lower Hutt- its a dump.

Also the workers club at Petone make sure you take along your appropriate OZ RSL member card to sign in on or no alcohol served to you. 1st time we've struck that in NZ.

Just a quick heads up on the Sunday competitions.

We will be running both Sys11 World Champs and Classics again, same as the last few years.

However, to handle the 100+ punters, qualifying will he changed in the Sys11 so that you now only play 8 pins to qualify, out of a bank of 12 Sys11 pins.

This will eliminate the queues we saw last year. You can play 8 games on any of the 12 pins you like. This also brings in a little strategy ... which pins to choose, what scores are on which pin, etc etc.

To maintain 100% TGP, all finals matches will be Best of 5. Which means that qualifying will be quicker ... but the finals will be longer.

So if you think you’re going to be playing in the finals, maybe don’t book flights home on Sunday night. :)

rd

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just a headsup but don't stay at the Dupont in lower Hutt- its a dump.

Also the workers club at Petone make sure you take along your appropriate OZ RSL member card to sign in on or no alcohol served to you. 1st time we've struck that in NZ.

Hi guys...some have been asking me for advice on where to stay in the Lower Hutt region, for the Wellington leg of PinCade. I've spoken to Mark and he suggests 1 of 2 venues:

Green Gables Motel or Boulcott Lodge. Lower Hutt Both are quite close to where Mark lives, which is our venue for Friday morning.

I intend on popping in to both today, and I'll see if I can wrangle a group booking discount for either or both. Stand by for more info...I should have an indication later today on that.

Cheers,

SIMON

Hi guys...some have been asking me for advice on where to stay in the Lower Hutt region, for the Wellington leg of PinCade. I've spoken to Mark and he suggests 1 of 2 venues:

Green Gables Motel or Boulcott Lodge. Lower Hutt Both are quite close to where Mark lives, which is our venue for Friday morning.

I intend on popping in to both today, and I'll see if I can wrangle a group booking discount for either or both. Stand by for more info...I should have an indication later today on that.

Cheers,

SIMON

OK...further information:

I have done a recce today on both the above motels. Boulcott Lodge was nearly fully booked for 5th March. None of our guys...I asked for some names and she told me ;-) didn't recognise any one.

...so that makes Green Gables Motel, 560 High St, Lower Hutt the clear favourite (looked a bit more friendly and better units anyway). It's that classic drive-in style kiwi motel that we all know and love!

The manager Maureen gave me the following specs:

There are 2 x 3 bedroom units available = sleeps 7 (1 x queen bed and 6 x single beds) Total room charge is $420 p/night

There is 1 x 2 bedroom unit available = sleeps 5 (1 x queen and 4 x single beds) Total room charge is $320 p/night

There is 1 x 1 bedroom unit available = sleeps 3 (1 x queen and 2 x single beds) Total room charge is $208 p/night

On top of the above, and if you want more privacy or for couples there are:

Single studio rooms = (1 x queen bed). Room charge is $155 p/night

Twin studio rooms = (1 x queen and 1 x single bed). Room charge for this is $155 p/night

I hope the above helps.

We are going to need to organise shuttle vans to take us from Green Gables Motel to Boneface on the Thurs - I would suggest one from the airport perhaps and drop your bags at the motel and then continue on in the same van to Boneface, Upper Hutt.

Also back to Green Gables from Boneface at the end of the night.

From Green Gables to Mark's place - is quite close but probably not close enough with luggage, so probably a shuttle or uBer rides to the breakfast venue (3 min drive or a 15 min walk).

Shuttle from Mark's in Lower Hutt to the airport.

I hope to see many of your faces at the Wellington fiesta, for Pincade 13 :D Come for the FULL IMMERSION FISH TALES EXPERIENCE!

SIMON

Edited by simonzzz
  • Like 1

Just booked Sydney-Auckland Friday, return Monday $300 in total with Air NZ

If you are not able to do Wellington this is a cracking fare for an awesome weekend.

@SwedishTaxi

- - - Updated - - -

Fare available until midnight tonight

Thanks big fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's just over two months to go before we host this huge meet. I've been a bit slow organizing this meet as I've had to integrate myself back into the workforce but rest assured that the meet is definitely on. I am taking registrations from today. The pricing etc will be exactly the same as previous years with clothing available if interested.

At one of the Wellington venues, Simon is organizing to have 10 Fish Tales machines all lined up for the Fish Tales Symphony. Holding the meet at a crafts brewery kinda adds to the attraction. I hope to finalize the Auckland hosts soon and I'd like to vary the venues as much as possible to make it more interesting for the regulars but there are only so many venues with willing hosts that can cater to big crowds. Willie and I have hosted every Pincade but I'd like nothing better than for other venues to be made available.

I'm happy to answer any questions to listen to suggestions.

Cheers, Yee.

• Like 5

Hi guys,

Definitely try to get to Wgtn if you can...as well as the 10 Fish Tales games I have another Fish Tales related oddity that is sure to impress! Be here or be square!

And as if that is not enough...I bought a couple of extra seats (possibly 3 depending on whether the 3rd person comes) on the very sought after Air NZ428 - 12:45pm flight between Wgtn and Akld. I bought these seats at good prices (2 x male - 1 x female). My friends from the USA I got 2 of them for are not coming now...

...so if you are booking flights nearer the time and the prices have ramped up for that flight...I got you covered.

SIMON

FishTalesSymphony_2020_resized.JPG.f54210f594a5b542f0d7fa2fef38f717.JPG

• Like 2

There's just over two months to go before we host this huge meet. I've been a bit slow organizing this meet as I've had to integrate myself back into the workforce but rest assured that the meet is definitely on. I am taking registrations from today. The pricing etc will be exactly the same as previous years with clothing available if interested.

At one of the Wellington venues, Simon is organizing to have 10 Fish Tales machines all lined up for the Fish Tales Symphony. Holding the meet at a crafts brewery kinda adds to the attraction. I hope to finalize the Auckland hosts soon and I'd like to vary the venues as much as possible to make it more interesting for the regulars but there are only so many venues with willing hosts that can cater to big crowds. Willie and I have hosted every Pincade but I'd like nothing better than for other venues to be made available.

I'm happy to answer any questions to listen to suggestions.

Cheers, Yee.

Not long now....Have the Brisbane mob registered yet or do I need to do it individually?

Is there a program for Auckland yet? How many sufferers do you expect this year?

See ya all soon...

Dave

The entire staff from the Railways team will be there :D

We are planning to have all team members from Railways including sales, design, research, customer relations, engineering, freight, future development and warehousing all there to enjoy this great event. I hope there is room for all of us. Thinking we should get a large order of team T-shirts.:D

Silly to sound quoting myself but the Railways team and spouses won't be able to make Pincade '20 and a bit bummed about it but we are committed to other travel O/S for now.

Hopefully bring on 2021 please.

• Administrators

Silly to sound quoting myself but the Railways team and spouses won't be able to make Pincade '20 and a bit bummed about it but we are committed to other travel O/S for now.

Hopefully bring on 2021 please.

BOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

Not long now....Have the Brisbane mob registered yet or do I need to do it individually?

Is there a program for Auckland yet? How many sufferers do you expect this year?

See ya all soon...

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm still refining the Auckland leg of Pincade. This much I know:

The Friday night comp at Dave's city apartment will go ahead as usual. Two of the last three years, we've had a late start due to Jetstar so I've encouraged people to take the 12.45pm flight out of Wellington on Friday. That flight is cheap and we arrive in Auckland 1.45pm. As Dave doesn't want people until 5pm, we're stopping at Save Ferris for a quick beer and I can give people their packages.

The three Saturday Auckland venues are up in the air while I finalize details with potential hosts. There's nothing I'd like more than to have different people hosting but there are only so many people who have a venue big enough and are willing to host.

Sunday is all day at Pukekohe for the Classics and System 11 comps.

I expect to have the clothing artwork soon so I can show people. Registrations don't close until 20th Feb so no panic.

I expect about the same amount of people, more or less.

Cheers

Yee.

I’m in for Auk only, will be after shirts, but won’t play in any comps.

Accommodation sorted, thanks Furbs! Flights booked, car booked.

Look fwd to catching up.

Yes, it'll be good to catch up for a beer or two!

• Like 1