Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lowboy - 6 button dashboard needed.

Dear all, can anyone tell where i can buy parts for original LAI lowboy cabinets?

im looking for a 6 button dashboards do not need to have buttons/joy etc..just bare - can be rough looking any condt considered.

just need to find a good contact that can help me out.

Im in perth, pick up no problem.

cheers.

There was someone on here doing runs of new lowboy control panels about a year or two ago - there might be interest in another run being made?

Anyone remember who? There were in Adelaide weren't they?

thanks for the reply GIBO.

yeah i would settle even for a 3 button if i could find it...

problem i have is the current dash is a centre mounted mca joystick/2 button single player dash, set out is all wrong for conversion.

There was someone on here doing runs of new lowboy control panels about a year or two ago - there might be interest in another run being made?

Anyone remember who? There were in Adelaide weren't they?

That was me. Not sure if I have any of the 6 button ones left though and shipping would be a killer.

• Super Moderator
Street fighter layout, I thought there would have been thousands of them out there. The 4 joystick, 3 button combo I have here is the one I thought would be hard to find.

Not to many SF in lowboys from my memory back in the day more so in the larger 25/26in screen cabinets

That was me. Not sure if I have any of the 6 button ones left though and shipping would be a killer.

Sounds like there is more need Craig :)

Shame that it's hard to get blanks then drill your own holes.....

Sounds like there is more need Craig :)

Shame that it's hard to get blanks then drill your own holes.....

I can get them done just a pain in the ass. Too many people say they want one, then don't pay or never collect. I have to get about 10 units or more made to make it viable. Plus having to calculate shipping, then pack and ship each one interstate etc... was a lot of time and effort.

Four joysticks in a lowboy CP? Sounds cosy.

dc1ekpJl.jpg

Note the two end players are sideways so "no so squizzy".:lol

This is a standard generic LAI "sunrise" mylar on a 4 player 3 button panel. We did buy heaps of generic cabs from LAI and most come with these panels. Most were quickly changed to Street Fighter combo that we made from flat steel sheet.

This bare panel is for sale as I have no lowboys. The mylar has had next to no usage but I will strip it of the MCA parts before moving it on.

https://i.imgur.com/dc1ekpJl.jpg

Note the two end players are sideways so "no so squizzy".:lol

This is a standard generic LAI "sunrise" mylar on a 4 player 3 button panel. We did buy heaps of generic cabs from LAI and most come with these panels. Most were quickly changed to Street Fighter combo that we made from flat steel sheet.

This bare panel is for sale as I have no lowboys. The mylar has had next to no usage but I will strip it of the MCA parts before moving it on.

Ah I bet he was imagining the standard 20" lowboy with 4 players squished in not the 25" lowboy when he said that.

I also originally was thinking 20" lowboy and was also thinking it was be far too squishy.... I even have the 25" lowboys and they didn't even cross my mind until you posted the CP

We used to go to a switchboard manufacturer with the sizes of the panels we needed.

We would take them back to the workshop, mark them up and centrepunch where we wanted the holes and go back to the place we got them, to use their hole punch. So much quicker than drilling with a hole saw!

We used to go to a switchboard manufacturer with the sizes of the panels we needed.

We would take them back to the workshop, mark them up and centrepunch where we wanted the holes and go back to the place we got them, to use their hole punch. So much quicker than drilling with a hole saw!

Which switchboard manufacturer, out of interest? Samco?

Ah I bet he was imagining the standard 20" lowboy with 4 players squished in not the 25" lowboy when he said that.

I bet i was too :)