Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Is it worth it ...

Koops

I have an opportunity to possibly attend a work conference in Vegas again this year between 21st-24th oct.

Now pinball expo is on the weekend prior.

Now I realise that new machine reveals don’t really occur there any more but is anything there worth an extra days travel from/to Vegas?

Stern tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say because i’m not sure how much the format has changed since Pacak (co-founder) got ousted last year, I suspect very little.

For:

- meet all the current designers except maybe Pat (who is a total f-wit anyway so you aren’t missing much).

- Best seminars on whatever topics of any of the US shows.

- Stern tour

- Pinball life

- Signing session (again if you’re into that)

- Best or equal best range of new parts of any show (although the net kills this somewhat now)

Against:

- Better range of games at other shows

- Better comps at other shows (if you’re into that)

- Crowds can be deep on launch games (although this is everywhere now)

- Location, its held a long way from anywhere, but you’re already on the other side of the planet I guess so probably a wash.

Expo for the history and industry. TPF (Texas Pinball Festival) for the games. Pinburgh for the comp. Arcade expo (Banning) for the biggest range of games both pin and arcade.

Is it worth it ...

If works paying then why not.

I have to self fund for anywhere outside of Vegas. Slightly too early for a sneaky ski trip too :/

Go to Kentucky and visit the Bourbon factories.;)

I worked in a bottleshop drive thru while at uni. I can’t stand the smell of bourbon it makes me gag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk