Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What a nice guy!

Pinball it's complicated. As for a proforma invoice that's not. How things have changed, now that pinball sales dominate NIB home buyers, it must make it so much more challenging that what it use to be back in the days selling to operators to site games.

Well I will say I find it amazing you buy a new machine that has never come out of it's box. All the machines we bought from LAI and AMD were always pulled out and tested prior to delivery. They were put back in the box but every one was tested in Australia before it was picked up or delivered.

That meant every machine was in working condition when we got hold of them. You don't buy a brand new car without it being checked by the dealer do you?.

Can't remember exactly what brand or importer but it wasn't that long ago I read some of you guys bought NIB machines that were still set at the wrong voltage. As far as I'm concerned this is bullshit and should never be allowed to happen and the blame is squarely on the importer.

Sorry if I upset some but it is what it is and it is your responsibility to make sure these machines are ready for there intended purpose after all you are the one that took the money.

Well I will say I find it amazing you buy a new machine that has never come out of it's box. All the machines we bought from LAI and AMD were always pulled out and tested prior to delivery. They were put back in the box but every one was tested in Australia before it was picked up or delivered.

That meant every machine was in working condition when we got hold of them. You don't buy a brand new car without it being checked by the dealer do you?.

Can't remember exactly what brand or importer but it wasn't that long ago I read some of you guys bought NIB machines that were still set at the wrong voltage. As far as I'm concerned this is bullshit and should never be allowed to happen and the blame is squarely on the importer.

Sorry if I upset some but it is what it is and it is your responsibility to make sure these machines are ready for there intended purpose after all you are the one that took the money.

Ive read in past posts its a option that distributor can open and check for any issues/adjustments but some folk want to be first to lay hands on things these days

AMD still do this and full credit to them. Other distributors don’t.

If you buy a used game the first thing you look at is condition of the game and the price is set accordingly. But for some reason with NIB JJP and CGC games we’re supposed to accept the game as it comes? Caveat emptor!

Pretty obvious I’ll never be dealing with Wayne again, but if I did I would be physically collecting and unboxing the game on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy a used game the first thing you look at is condition of the game and the price is set accordingly. But for some reason with NIB JJP and CGC games we’re supposed to accept the game as it comes? Caveat emptor!

Pretty obvious I’ll never be dealing with Wayne again, but if I did I would be physically collecting and unboxing the game on site.

Yep, last NIB I bought from AMD Sydney, the machine was there ready to turn on and for me to test. I would regard that as part of the customer service and also to cover there arse. Thing is LAI were exactly the same as was Galaxy Electronics when they imported DE machines. Of course you need to check the machine if not by you personally, by someone before it gets to the customer. It has just come from overseas for Christ sake and I have seen machines smashed straight out of the container.

When I first got involved with this industry, the NIB machines were still being fumigated in the containers on the docks. They then went into a customs holding area in our warehouse to be checked for contraband by customs offices. After every box was checked by these offices, they were pulled out of that area and we could do as we wished with it. Times have really changed.

First of all I replied to @Gemini2544 who had a wiring problem and supplied a solution for his WOZ game and offered him a Topper for $150 AUD which they sell in the USA for $150 USD.

I then supplied him my Paypal details, he then requested an invoice or sales order, which we don't normally supply a receipt until after payment, however happy to supply but explained I have a million dollars of MBR pinballs that i have to get out and will do it when i get time. Customer wasn't happy and bought one from paul for $250 and didnt get an invoice or sales order before he made payment either!

I don't know where you get you info from but your wrong, I paid $200 AUD including GST & postage, an INVOICE was also supplied within the hour of verbally placing the order by phone. You were $150 plus $15 postage so $165 but your attitude sucked & I didn't trust you after you got nasty because I wanted an invoice or some proof of payment. Also the wiring problem was fixed by me with data from Steve at JJP USA 6 hours before you even posted your response which was correct but many hours after I already fixed it.

Edited by Gemini2544

I think they are directed by stern to do this regardless. But yes if you say don't touch they may ask you to request it in writing. I pregervtheyvlook at it prior to shipping. Great customer service in doing so.

I think they are directed by stern to do this regardless. But yes if you say don't touch they may ask you to request it in writing. I pregervtheyvlook at it prior to shipping. Great customer service in doing so.

I remember when AMD would get the game and ship it out without checking it.

ACDCLE STLE METLE Days...

When i got back into pinball shortly after the announcement of Iron Maiden and ordered one, Bruce informed me that they open them and check em to which i was stoked with.

Mostly due to the teething issues I had with the cannon on ACDC straight out of the box and the Opto's that had to be changed under the Vengeance ship on ST.

i think from memory we were also sent out a magnet replacement board for Metallica..

It is ideal if they could be checked but perhaps some may find it way too time consuming?... If it were me i would check them as i'd rather be without the head aches and rightfully so - Irate customers.

AMD started doing this as too many games had problems from the factory, and you couldn't buy a game not unboxed and tested from them now.

We did this with all the POTC as they required some updates, if a customer wants us to do that we can, however most prefer to unbox themselves, we have very little problems with over 300 NIB games, maybe 3 might have an issue, the time it would take to unbox and re box games and play test etc would add to the final cost of games, but happy to if asked.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know where you get you info from but your wrong, I paid $200 AUD including GST & postage, an INVOICE was also supplied within the hour of verbally placing the order by phone. You were $150 plus $15 postage so $165 but your attitude sucked & I didn't trust you after you got nasty because I wanted an invoice or some proof of payment. Also the wiring problem was fixed by me with data from Steve at JJP USA 6 hours before you even posted your response which was correct but many hours after I already fixed it.

I did take the time to contact JJP and posted the response, that's fine if you decided to make an international call, in the early hours of the night and rectify yourself

That's fine on the topper as it still came from me the same topper as we hold the parts here, you would have received proof of payment from paypal, and could have filed a dispute at anytime.

Just to add to the AMD info, you can still take them unopened but you need to ask in writing.

I’d advise against this though as every NIB i’ve bought since Metallica has had its share of problems straight out of the box. It’s the main reason I get AMD to open all my games now, sick of the extra poo Stern quality control.

Haven’t had a problem with any games i’ve bought from Wayne thus far, but my tolerance level for most issues is operator like anyway.

Yes I wouldn't be relying on the factories quality control either. It was long rumored, when Australia's pinball market was minute compared to the world and the US in particular, Australian bound machines were poor quality. The thinking being , "What are they going to do. not buy any more, send them back".

This all changed when the factories started putting in Australian coin settings in the menu. That was around the time they started taking the Aussie market seriously.

Still machines can have a hard time getting here in rough seas and damage happens. I will say broken back glasses aren't as common as they were but things like folklift tines going where they are not supposed to and re-boxing along with box renumbering has occurred before.

Easy way to protect yourself is open it and check it works before picking it up. You lay the box over, cut the top seal and slide the machine out on the cardboard rails. Fold the head up and plug her in. You don't need the legs on to see it works and nothing is broken.

Everything checks out OK, head down and slide it back in the box. Lift the box and reseal. 5 minutes and everyone is happy.

Looking sexy mate, happy that you have got this resolved coz these things aren't cheap :)

- Con

It completes the look of the machine iMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the topper, and those that know Doug, know he loves his topper's :)

Still like these ones!

DSC_2596.thumb.jpg.c51732c7c42bd7a99209d99e4aabf548.jpg

DSC_1466.thumb.jpg.da35aa4df185b423310eb4cf148bce5b.jpg

It completes the look of the machine iMO.

Couldn't agree more. I am a topper fan myself. Love that WOZ topper!

Here are some of my examples:

208879440_TopperGB.thumb.jpg.76c88f9c447387e88dd9d86f28b695f5.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]150971[/ATTACH]1938175377_TopperHTD.JPG.c73b9eed8861b0443e9001df15311084.JPG[ATTACH=CONFIG]150973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150974[/ATTACH]354362902_TopperSTTNG.thumb.jpg.151484a8bc2faeab1b93608c1db9e31e.jpg1113079114_TopperTFTC.JPG.cf4a924e74a24d215528d56ad40edc65.JPG401503563_TopperTWD.thumb.jpg.64acd18e6a887cb848445c3720bd85ed.jpg1291176443_TopperWCS.thumb.jpg.6f7bb42d74475d7241a13df3dedb5333.jpg

If a title never released a topper, I love the challenge to find something suitable or make one for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Love that Black Rose topper.

902124516_TopperGOTG.thumb.jpg.d7b020fb5cc366fe4622b11e11901ccc.jpg

1466754460_TopperMA.thumb.jpg.2b6689454cb1e02368c4eb039288b265.jpg

2040975017_TopperMM.thumb.jpg.07ffa07011b66bd27adcacca3c8713cd.jpg