Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ebay Sales

Just after some advice. I have my Scud Race Arcade Machine advertised for sale on here and on ebay. Today I have had a woman buy it through ebay and although I had cash on pick up she has already paid via paypal. This buyer has feedback of 1 since joining ebay in 2017. The buyer has already said she is concerned about not being able to put it together, as it will need to be pulled apart to get out of my house. She wanted it kept intact.

I will be contacting ebay as well but was wondering what peoples thoughts on this scenario are.

My understanding is once it arrives her end if there are any issues she can file a complaint/dispute with ebay. She could simply claim it is not working and there would be no-one to disprove her. She gets a refund and I have no machine.

I have bought over 500 items on ebay over the years but this is the first thing that I have actually sold on ebay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have my concerns over this whole transaction already.

Because this is my first sale, paypal have been asked by ebay to place the payment on hold until the item is either, sent, received or the buyer is happy with it, which apparently indicates I am a good seller. So this sucks also.

Transfer your money from PayPal

Then empty your account and shut it down so they can’t debit u

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

unfortunately Paypal has to be an option when selling on eBay, so buyer is well within their right. But could cause a lot of headaches for the seller. Cash or direct bank transfer would be the preferable option.

I’d consider offering no assistance at all in the hope of it all becoming “to hard” for the buyer and they wish to cancel the transaction.

She has already paid through paypal, which is on hold. She also says she is speaking to a transport company today. Forgot to mention I am in Newcastle NSW, she is in Toowoomba QLD!!

unfortunately Paypal has to be an option when selling on eBay, so buyer is well within their right. But could cause a lot of headaches for the seller. Cash or direct bank transfer would be the preferable option.

I’d consider offering no assistance at all in the hope of it all becoming “to hard” for the buyer and they wish to cancel the transaction.

She has already paid through paypal, which is on hold. She also says she is speaking to a transport company today. Forgot to mention I am in Newcastle NSW, she is in Toowoomba QLD!!

You can still cancel the transaction & she will get a refund. Preferably on mutual grounds so you don’t get negative feedback.

get into eBay

go to sold item's & cancel the sale

the money will go back to the buyer

no fees :)

i have had this type of sale go south.. best to just refund...

It won't let me cancel the sale. There is no option for it. Possibly as she has already paid. I have however refunded the money through paypal. I feel a lot better about it all now. Thank you all for your quick and helpful comments, I really appreciate it. Now someone on here hurry up and buy my scud race.

Ya, I'm of the opinion with cancel the sale. No big deal.

Stick to your terms mate. If its COD. Get COD.

Sound like the scenario your predicting is the scam she's running here being interstate an all. Seen it happen before.

1 transaction in 2 years could mean anything. Better to have sale be on your terms.

Hope all goes well..

Yep as others have said cancel the transaction. Contact PayPal to get help if need be. Your add clearly said cash on pickup. I have cancelled MANY PayPal sales that appear dodgy or too hard. One of those machine interstate to a newbie will be a nightmare.

Put it on gumtree, she might buy it off there:lol

Don't laugh. It is on gumtree too, and she bought it on there as well. I questioned her about this and she said it was her on both sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep as others have said cancel the transaction. Contact PayPal to get help if need be. Your add clearly said cash on pickup. I have cancelled MANY PayPal sales that appear dodgy or too hard. One of those machine interstate to a newbie will be a nightmare.

Nightmare were the exact words I said to my wife, when I got home.

I recently went through something similar.

Sold my extra AKU AKU mask through ebay. Guy pays for it via paypal and they send me a notification saying they will hold money until it arrives to the buyer and he is happy with it. Mind you, this is a $600+ transaction. The guy was also in Croatia!!

I told him I'd have to cancel the sale and he lost his shit at me. Swore at me and promised to leave me negative feedback.

He then apologised and offered to message me through facebook and buy the statue outside of ebay. I reported him in the hope that he couldn't leave me negative feedback. So far, no neg feedback.

Good luck with your sale.

As mentioned i have refunded her money. I sent her a message and explained why and she later replied saying she understood and would look for one closer to home. Maybe she was legit, i dont know but i still think the whole process, money involved and 700kms to destination for the machine was frought with danger. Dissapointed to have possibly missed a sale though. Edited by highlander2287

Paypal holding money is normal at the moment if the seller hasn’t sold recently. I have experienced it a few times lately and the seller/ purchaser were all legit , no scams

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade