Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lost the pinball passion

Smithy

I clearly remember the days of owning just 1 machine and every night after dinner we'd play it religiously, and that went on for a good year and a bit.

You start adding more and before you know it you have 8+ machines and hardly play them.

Like back in the day when you'd buy a cartridge based game for your Nintendo or Sega console - You'd play it till the end, then pirating games was introduced and before you know it you had 400 games but never played em.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Smithy... I guess you're Luke?

I'm sure you trust that I'm not derailing your thread.

I'll be over your way for the SA Masters, and will be hitting Grant up for me to crash at his warehouse.

Super keen for you to bring your drums along (no triggers LOL) for a no-cover orientated jam.

Cheers,

G

All good mate, happy times.

And I'll see if I can hire a few roadies :D

- - - Updated - - -

I clearly remember the days of owning just 1 machine and every night after dinner we'd play it religiously, and that went on for a good year and a bit.

You start adding more and before you know it you have 8+ machines and hardly play them.

Really good point and also believe this to be true.

First pin I ever bought was Demo man and the missus and I would stay up till 3am playing it on the weekends for the first year.

17 yrs later we have 10 pins and hardly ever play them.

Maybe more is not always better hey ? :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

cuddly hug with a reach around

- Con

Mmmmm, everybody likes one of those, just depends who it's from I guess. lol

Really good point and also believe this to be true.

First pin I ever bought was Demo man and the missus and I would stay up till 3am playing it on the weekends for the first year.

17 yrs later we have 10 pins and hardly ever play them.

Maybe more is not always better hey ? :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

As they say "Less Is More"...... Take from that what you will mate.

But since I've cut down from 13 to now 5 maybe soon to be 4. I am playing more.. Go figure.

Like back in the day when you'd buy a cartridge based game for your Nintendo or Sega console - You'd play it till the end, then pirating games was introduced and before you know it you had 400 games but never played em.

Yeah I've done that with Pirated games, spent more time collecting them than playing, recently I noticed the PS4 had been hacked and I thought about buying one and how I could have heaps of games for cheap, but then remembered exactly what you are saying and decided against it.

Yeah I've done that with Pirated games, spent more time collecting them than playing, recently I noticed the PS4 had been hacked and I thought about buying one and how I could have heaps of games for cheap, but then remembered exactly what you are saying and decided against it.

I've carried that same train of thought with the Nintendo Switch.

I'd rather enjoy what I'm sinking my money into - rather than over populate the library to never get into it.

I don't play pinball alone ever. For me I get more enjoyment out of watching people playing my games than playing them myself.

However socially over a few beers, good times.

Get along to more social stuff and you might just find the passion again. I don't know about comps because for me they are draining as hell, but just the straight up sink piss with dudes talking about pins brings a lot of the passion back.

I don't play pinball alone ever. For me I get more enjoyment out of watching people playing my games than playing them myself.

However socially over a few beers, good times.

Get along to more social stuff and you might just find the passion again. I don't know about comps because for me they are draining as hell, but just the straight up sink piss with dudes talking about pins brings a lot of the passion back.

Pinball is like a lot of things it's no fun on your own