Thread: Lost the pinball passion

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extendo View Post
    @Smithy Build that shed of yours, swing past with a truck and pick up any arcade or pinball machine you want to play.

I have heaps and you will be doing me a favour coz I do not have any room left and then I can buy more haha

You need to mix things up.

- Con
    Thanks mate, might take you up on that offer early next year once the new shed is finished.
    And agree with you about mixing it up.
    I'm really very happy with the pins that I have theme wise and gameplay wise but think it's time to rotate a couple titles and bring in something fresh.
    Sell a couple pins and step away for a while. Then hopefully when Elvira LE lands in AUS in Jan 2020 I'll be motivated enough to drop 13K.
    Time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post

Change is as good as a holiday, and all things must pass.

Well said G, I think you nailed it.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extendo View Post
    HOWMUCH4CASH

- Con

Definitely not the prices I paid for them!

Seem to have gone up a fair bit since

State
    VICTORIA
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)

Lost the pinball passion

Nothing wrong with getting away from Pinball Iíve always had other hobbies as well as pinball and after getting rid of my games a few years ago I donít miss them at all actually Iím glad there gone lol but I have kept one which I play once a month, have to force myself to play it and really only play it just to keep it running smoothly haha. But as I said I think having other hobbies is important. Not sure how old you are but Iím an older bloke and my kids are all working and in there 20ís so my wife and I now have our life back so we can now travel and do what we want to do great feeling. If you sell them you can always buy games back later there everywhere, good luck with whatever you decide

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Thanks mate, might take you up on that offer early next year once the new shed is finished.
    And agree with you about mixing it up.
    I'm really very happy with the pins that I have theme wise and gameplay wise but think it's time to rotate a couple titles and bring in something fresh.
    Sell a couple pins and step away for a while. Then hopefully when Elvira LE lands in AUS in Jan 2020 I'll be motivated enough to drop 13K.
    Time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said G, I think you nailed it.
    Maybe learn how to play an musical instrument?
    live between the flip and the tilt

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldhank View Post
    Maybe learn how to play an musical instrument?
    Funny you should say this. I set the drum kit up yesterday and annoyed the neighbours for several hours.
    Was lots of fun jamming along to Megadeth's Rust in Peace, Sabbath and System of a Down's Toxicity but geez I forgot how long it takes to set up a 8 piece kit with 13 cymbals.
    Realized I'm not as fit as I used to be but life is good.
    Between smashing the pigskins, rebuilding the sandman and loving my kids there won't be much downtime.

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Funny you should say this. I set the drum kit up yesterday and annoyed the neighbours for several hours.
    Was lots of fun jamming along to Megadeth's Rust in Peace, Sabbath and System of a Down's Toxicity but geez I forgot how long it takes to set up a 8 piece kit with 13 cymbals.
    Realized I'm not as fit as I used to be but life is good.
    Between smashing the pigskins, rebuilding the sandman and loving my kids there won't be much downtime.
    Awesome news....I never was any good at drums, had a small kit when i was real young....42 years ago
    Wouldn't have mattered how much noise I made the neighbour was the kinda bloke that rode his harley into his mum & dads lounge to work on it....

Thanks to our new Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle I have been looking at concert footage online and the Drummers solo in the Alice Cooper concert is insane....Sydney Concert half way thru
    I can't even find the energy to tap my foot for a whole song and not get tired or keep up let alone your 13 Cymbals....

13 heh, lucky for some...

Good to hear something different happening

I'm loving this thread. A bit more each day

State
    Shepparton Vic
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1843 Post(s)
    Its quite surprising how many pinheads on here are musically talented.

State
    Illawarra NSW
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toads View Post
    Its quite surprising how many pinheads on here are musically talented.
    Usually Musos are decent pinball players. Except for the guitarist in my band, who is the dead set worst, as he double flips like a rookie. I shake my head in disbelief in how excellent a guitarist he is, and yet has zero coordination playing pinball.

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rod71 View Post
    Usually Musos are decent pinball players. Except for the guitarist in my band, who is the dead set worst, as he double flips like a rookie. I shake my head in disbelief in how excellent a guitarist he is, and yet has zero coordination playing pinball.
    They both rely on hand and eye coordination
    live between the flip and the tilt

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1399 Post(s)
    Being a player it is easy to get bored with pinball. That is the whole reason you need to rotate them on site to keep the money coming in so I guess the same will be for your own personal machines.
    Probably the reason I have had so many pins go through my hands. I simply get sick of them over time and then it is time to move them on and get some different ones.
    I probably get more enjoyment fixing them than playing them but at times a machine just grabs me and that felling is there again but there are some machines that I can just never get that feeling.
    Funny thing is it can be any machine from any era pretty much. I guess I'm lucky not needing the latest and greatest to feel that.
    The hard part is finding pins that give me that feeling.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information