Thread: Lost the pinball passion

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAG View Post
    Awesome news....I never was any good at drums, had a small kit when i was real young....42 years ago
    Wouldn't have mattered how much noise I made the neighbour was the kinda bloke that rode his harley into his mum & dads lounge to work on it....

Thanks to our new Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle I have been looking at concert footage online and the Drummers solo in the Alice Cooper concert is insane....Sydney Concert half way thru
    I can't even find the energy to tap my foot for a whole song and not get tired or keep up let alone your 13 Cymbals....

13 heh, lucky for some...

Good to hear something different happening

I'm loving this thread. A bit more each day
    Being mega-rich, Alice Cooper can afford to get the absolute best session musos for his band. I saw him in Adelaide a couple of years ago and his backing band was insane great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Funny you should say this. I set the drum kit up yesterday and annoyed the neighbours for several hours.
    Was lots of fun jamming along to Megadeth's Rust in Peace, Sabbath and System of a Down's Toxicity but geez I forgot how long it takes to set up a 8 piece kit with 13 cymbals.
    Realized I'm not as fit as I used to be but life is good.
    Between smashing the pigskins, rebuilding the sandman and loving my kids there won't be much downtime.
    Great choice of music Smithy!!!

I only started listening to Sabbath a couple of years ago and have just got into Megadeth.

Sabbath, Megadeth and System of a Down will feature heavily in the Group KO playlist in the SA Masters

Music has been my life. I am classically trained (Masters Degree) but listen to anything from Medieval Gregorian Chant through to Metal. I played in the Zep Boys for a few gigs in 1986 and the next year was playing in the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra. Bloody hell I'm an old fart

Love it.

[I don't like the auto-tuned crap that has been coming out for many years though].

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    370 Post(s)
    Last edited by VON; 19th September 2019 at 08:55 PM.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    I'll drop this off to you to add to your SA Masters playlist.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=150672

Cheers

Just imagine the reaction

I'll put it after a Megadeth track!!

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    With all due respect to lovers of Gregorian chants the number of pinball players wearing noise cancelling headphones has potentially just increased by 1

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    With all due respect to lovers of Gregorian chants the number of pinball players wearing noise cancelling headphones has potentially just increased by 1
    Don't worry Rob, I wouldn't do it to you. Just as I know you wouldn't inflict Chisel on me............or would you?

For some reason I think Chisel is going to sneak in one day.........

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballcreature View Post
    Don't worry Rob, I wouldn't do it to you. Just as I know you wouldn't inflict Chisel on me............or would you?

For some reason I think Chisel is going to sneak in one day.........
    If it does it wouldn't be me sneaking it in. However if we're ever in a head to head final with cash on the line it may come down to a battle of Chisel vs Gregorian Chants

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toads View Post
    Its quite surprising how many pinheads on here are musically talented.
    Can't say I'm a pinhead as I don't own one but am looking at building a virtual pin.
    But I've been playing drums since I was about 4 (35 years ago :O) and DJing since I was 15.

But back to OP question, I think that having a break and exploring other hobbies and passions in your life will make you come to appreciate the pins more so in a few months time. If not, then consider swapping out a title or 2 and see if the passion is still there.

State
    western suburbs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Not sure what's going on lately. Haven't played a pin at home for a couple months and have no interest in it AT ALL.
    I walk to the pinball room and don't even want to press the start button.
    Maybe after 25 plus years of playing and collecting pinballs I'm done.
    Not sure if I want to have a firesale or just a long timeout from the hobby.
    Either I'm broken or need a reboot. Help! What to do ?
    Lost the passion.
    I usually pull them down when it gets to the point of them being boring , then stick them in the corner somewhere with a sheet over them . let them sit for a couple of years.

State
    melbourne
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    it happens often to all of us , you know its not getting better when you go to sell them off ...
    over the years i have reduced my personal collection down to 4 , and still hardly play them
    sometimes you need a break from pinball then re charge and now back playing a few games

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    it happens often to all of us , you know its not getting better when you go to sell them off ...
    over the years i have reduced my personal collection down to 4 , and still hardly play them
    sometimes you need a break from pinball then re charge and now back playing a few games
    +1

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information