Thread: FIXED: Software update causes new problem.

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

FIXED: Software update causes new problem.

Jersy Jack Wizard of OZ currant USB update to 06.61 from 06.06

This morning I installed the latest USB update 06.61 & after a successful install & reboot I was greeted with an matrix error code "Castle exit #20 switch stuck open" so I went into the matrix switch test only to find the opto switch is working fine but it's now using #19 marked brown and labled "Not Used" & not #20 which it's supposed to be using and #20 remains a matrix RED box. So either it's wired wrong or the USB update 06.61 has a bug. The fault didn't come up prior to the update, so I'm guessing it's a bug. Anyone know if I can roll the 06.61 back to 06.06? I have sent this message to JJP Support but could be a few days till I hear anything.

You think your doing the right thing by doing the update only to find problems after doing it.
    Last edited by Gemini2544; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:20 PM.
    My pins: Wild life, Top Score, Space Mission, Target Alpha, Cleopatra, Pin*Bot, Black~Rose & Wizard of Oz, LE No.#53
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game, Foosball table & a Pokie.

Have owned:
    Lost World, Magic Castle, Elektra, Indiana Jones.

State
    Pinball Central
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)
    probably a bug email JJP support
    Australian Distributors for Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
    Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

State
    Pinball Central
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)
    JJP Support
    That person's game is wired wrong. Switch #20 is the correct position for the Castle playfield exit switch. I would guess that the opto harness is plugged into the wrong spot on the opto board.

Obviously the software update did not change the wiring. The software update does contain new code to detect problems like this.
    Australian Distributors for Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
    Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ballypinball View Post
    JJP Support
    That person's game is wired wrong. Switch #20 is the correct position for the Castle playfield exit switch. I would guess that the opto harness is plugged into the wrong spot on the opto board.

Obviously the software update did not change the wiring. The software update does contain new code to detect problems like this.
    I got a reply back from Steve and have fixed it but must have been a factory mistake as the I/o Opto board had the plug marked RED in the RED socket. In reality I had to unplug the RED plug & fit it into the empty Orange socket. So the RED plug was colored incorrect ending up in the RED socket. Why this never showed up on the VER 06.06 Switch test is another mystery, Anyway WOZ is now working as it's suppose to. I've also increased the steepness which has put a lot more bite in the game play. Steve suggested 6.8-7.2 degrees, it's a lot faster now.
    My pins: Wild life, Top Score, Space Mission, Target Alpha, Cleopatra, Pin*Bot, Black~Rose & Wizard of Oz, LE No.#53
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game, Foosball table & a Pokie.

Have owned:

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    Did that with my Hobbit and Deadpool too, it makes for a better game.
    In; Deadpool Pro, The Hobbit Black Arrow
    Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Spiderman...
    Out; NEVER
    Looking for;
    Williams Sorcerer, Tommy, Swords of Fury, Bram Stokers Dracula, Theater of Magic.

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

After a few little issues that are now all fixed & many games later... I've decided WOZ is a great fun game & I really like it. Amazingly I am not missing I.J at all.

Have owned:

Thread Information