Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Blah Blah Pinball Drama Blah

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Exclamation Blah Blah Pinball Drama Blah

    Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,
    3 long term pioneers of pinball competitons across the pancake
    Wasn't Greg the primary person mustering voluntered financial support for contributers organisers and pinball at last years Masters?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Two other people that I know want to get on the waiting list as well. Paul Phillips & Craig Smith

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    State
    westlake, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,591
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glencharles View Post
    Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,
    I think there are probably 160 people who would disagree with that statement.
    Everyone had an equal opportunity to buy tickets as I'm sure Greg, Rob and Jasen understand.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    State
    Townsville
    Posts
    3,487
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glencharles View Post
    Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,
    3 long term pioneers of pinball competitons across the pancake
    Wasn't Greg the primary person mustering voluntered financial support for contributers organisers and pinball at last years Masters?
    Not going to be a Brisbane Masters without someone throwing stones at the organisers......

    Did you have a read of what you wrote and think about how the organisers feel by you saying it will be 'not much of an event' and 'second rate'?

    These guys are organising THE BIGGEST and LONGEST pinball competition EVER to be held in Australia. They have secured some amazing competitors from overseas in the top 10 in the world, Steve Ritchie - one of the games best designers in many peoples eyes, plus a heap of other special guests. They have also managed to tie it in with a huge public event that will showcase the hobby/sport to so many more of the public.

    Plus co-coordinating a heap of collectors and others to supply machines, organise insurance, rent, techs, prizes, massive sponsorship, volunteers and so much more than many will probably ever hear about.

    Then someone comes along and tells them its a 2nd rate event before its even done.....all i can say is last year's event was awesome, so if that is anything to go by then it will be a cracker.

    In terms of the people you mentioned not playing, i agree that i will miss competing with those guys, however EVERYBODY had weeks or months of notice before and when tickets went on sale, so i can only assume its their choice not to play.

    Maybe its worth thinking about how you can contribute to the event positively, rather than throw stones. Personally, i'm only a week away from helping 2 others put on a fairly large event in Townsville, but nothing to the scale that the Masters will be - so i appreciate the effort, cost, time and stress that is involved in organising, hosting and co-ordinating. Maybe you should consider volunteering to assist - i know i did a heap of volunteer tech work last year at the Masters, and it was fun helping out as i knew i could contribute something back to show appreciation to the organisers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    159 people have an equal oppurtunity here to confirm you consulted with them before including them in your sweeping across the board response
    If pinball is strong it will multiply beyond this single event
    I am unconvinced unravelling the threads of the entire fabric is in the best interests of anyone
    Getting carried away with the popularity of a single event doesnt automatically equate to longer term across the board success
    Success takes foundations
    These players are that foundation

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    State
    Collingwood park Qld
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    824 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glencharles View Post
    Not going to be much of an event and a second rate Masters without Greg Gee Rob and Jason,
    3 long term pioneers of pinball competitons across the pancake
    Wasn't Greg the primary person mustering voluntered financial support for contributers organisers and pinball at last years Masters?
    So do we make exceptions for all the others that missed out or do they have to pass some sort of “Glen Charles Pioneer Of Pinball Test”. You popped your head in last year with the same sort of comments and were told to pull it back in. Pity you didn’t take notice of these comments.
    The organisers have put in a massive amount of time and effort and this should be applauded.
    You say Rob didn’t ask the other 159 people well maybe those that agree you are out of line can like my comment. That will be a nice little test.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    State
    Collingwood park Qld
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    824 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_dagger View Post
    So do we make exceptions for all the others that missed out or do they have to pass some sort of “Glen Charles Pioneer Of Pinball Test”. You popped your head in last year with the same sort of comments and were told to pull it back in. Pity you didn’t take notice of these comments.
    The organisers have put in a massive amount of time and effort and this should be applauded.
    You say Rob didn’t ask the other 159 people well maybe those that agree you are out of line can like my comment. That will be a nice little test.

    Oh and I did censor what I really thought of you only through fear of a ban. I need AA to organise Houseball. Yeah one of these social occasions people organise (unlike yourself) so people can enjoy this hobby.
    As with all of my comments I am happy to discuss this further in person.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Its really up to the individual if they want to support a campaign to have some well known pioneering competition pinball players included in the Masters.
    They are players that could achieve ultimate success and to not have high performing individuals in the mix does detract from the event,
    Paticularly if it is simply because they got caught off gaurd by the level of demand for tickets,
    Its not like anyone actually qualified for the event,
    Sometimes circumstances dont always allow people to distract themselves with urgently buyong tickets to an event
    If people do eant these extra players in the mix then so be it but personally i think an effort to get the extras on the play field would add to the event,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    State
    Redlands
    Posts
    19,272
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_dagger View Post
    Oh and I did censor what I really thought of you only through fear of a ban. I need AA to organise Houseball. Yeah one of these social occasions people organise (unlike yourself) so people can enjoy this hobby.
    As with all of my comments I am happy to discuss this further in person.
    Oh please don't hold back.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,080
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2631 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glencharles View Post
    Its really up to the individual if they want to support a campaign to have some well known pioneering competition pinball players included in the Masters.
    They are players that could achieve ultimate success and to not have high performing individuals in the mix does detract from the event,
    Paticularly if it is simply because they got caught off gaurd by the level of demand for tickets,
    Its not like anyone actually qualified for the event,
    Sometimes circumstances dont always allow people to distract themselves with urgently buyong tickets to an event
    If people do eant these extra players in the mix then so be it but personally i think an effort to get the extras on the play field would add to the event,
    Pinburgh sells out 1000 tickets in less than a minute. And they don't make exceptions for past winners or anyone.

    This is 160 tickets which I believe people had the opportunity to buy in April.

    "please change the rules because I want them to be changed.... Here are all my reasons which have nothing to do with you"

    Come on now...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. mame twin driver requirements and games list? blah blah
    By Mr Pubstuff in forum M.A.M.E, Computer and Console Emulation.
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 13th July 2013, 11:45 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th December 2011, 08:39 PM
  3. removing mame emulator "blah blah " screen
    By narf_ in forum Mame Cab Hardware and Software Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th May 2007, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •