Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of that horrible Black rubber

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

Yes very nice write up Scott. I know many repace the thin Stern post sleeves with the thicker style standard post sleeves. The ball will definitely bounce more actively of those sleeves when compared to the thin Stern sleeves. Titan actually has Stern style sleeves available and I have them in stock.
    Thanks Michi for the kind words and no he did not get paid by Titan lol.
    I have almost the entire Titan range in stock except pink and silver colours. They are a special order.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)
    Received my green glow in the dark rubbers for GB and deep blood red rubbers for TWD. Now to find the time to install. Should look great when complete.

Thanks Babak for your swift service and thanks Scott for the idea/thread.

Titan.jpg

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn70 View Post
    Yes, great post Scott. I too am a fan of Mr Sheen. I spray it directly onto the microfibre cloth, then onto the area I wish to clean. Also a huge fan of the clear PET washers instead of those crappy steel washers that look fugly. I might do my pins with these translucent silicon rubbers. Do you get these from Babak? I assume you can get all the different sizes in them, as ordering could be a nightmare. I guess I just follow the sizes in the manual?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but what is the difference between titan rubbers, silicon rubbers and supabands? I thought they were one in the same.
    Start with the manual but check it against your machine...I recently did FLASH with light Blue titans from Babak but the pinside vs manual vs actual rubbers required were all different.
    Some were not mentioned and a whopping 5 & 1/2 inch was actually 3 seperate rubbers...

It never hurts to have a few spare anyway as they really don't cost all that much...

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)
    Yes, good idea. Babak owns a GB so he knew exactly what was required for that one as he put the same rubbers on his. TWD on the other hand could be a little out but whatever I am short, I will order from him again. Yes, spare one are good. Cheers.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1047 Post(s)
    Yes, good idea. Babak owns a GB so he knew exactly what was required for that one as he put the same rubbers on his. TWD on the other hand could be a little out but whatever I am short, I will order from him again. Yes, spare one are good. Cheers.
    keep a record of what you need as I'll be calling you when I'm ready for twd lol

State
    Nowra N.S.W.
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1842 Post(s)

Received my green glow in the dark rubbers for GB and deep blood red rubbers for TWD. Now to find the time to install. Should look great when complete.

Thanks Babak for your swift service and thanks Scott for the idea/thread.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=150848
    Now get them on mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling" Scott

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

UV leds

You need some of these UV leds to activate those glow in the dark bands.
    5 UV led tower $3 ea.
    5 UV $2 ea.

I know I'm bad making you spend more money lol.

IMG_20190724_144603.jpgIMG_20190724_144827.jpg

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioBa View Post
    You need some of these UV leds to activate those glow in the dark bands.
    5 UV led tower $3 ea.
    5 UV $2 ea.

I know I'm bad making you spend more money lol.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=150956https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=150957
    Will they not activate when they are lit up with normal light?

To be honest, I really like that green colour of them anyway and don't really care about them 'glowing in the dark' as that's really only a feature one would see and appreciate when the room is in complete darkness or close to it. My games room will never be in darkness when I am in there playing my pins anyway.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    Will they not activate when they are lit up with normal light?

To be honest, I really like that green colour of them anyway and don't really care about them 'glowing in the dark' as that's really only a feature one would see and appreciate when the room is in complete darkness or close to it. My games room will never be in darkness when I am in there playing my pins anyway.
    Yes but not as intensely. The glow in the dark effect is obviously most effective once the machine is turned off and its dark.
    You are right most people buy it for its natural spooky colour. The glow in the dark effect is only an added bonus.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)
    Just replaced TWD rubbers with blood red Titan's. Not fully complete as were a touch short on a couple of sizes - re-ordered some more with Babak.

Just for anyone's info, here is the total of factory black rubbers I removed from TWD Pro:

IMG_4851 copy.jpg

Will post up some pics when PF fully back together.

Also, these are a 'must have' when working on pins, as it makes things so easy than swapping sockets every few mins:

$20 the set, shipped!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7Pc-Impe...72.m2749.l2649

IMG_4879.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information