Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's your tube count?

taito

Hey guys,

There are a few of us who love our tubes! We're stashing them anywhere there's room. And sometimes where there's no room because we know that one day, we'll have either worked out a way to convert them, or find a chassis for them. Either way we're optimistic that one day, they will be a precious item indeed.

I had a look around my place and counted 12. That's all of them including the ones in games, the TV's I've stored from hard rubbish, and one computer monitor.

So this is just an extra light thread for tube lovers everywhere to rejoice in the glow of our beloved CRTs....so...

What's your tube count?

Edited by taito
Forgot I had some stashed in the cupbard. lol

I’ve got one sparey 26 and an old telly 29

The 26 I want for a dedicated cab and the 29, well that’s still taking up space in my garage with plans to hook up consoles to it

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Guys, I want to get in to this as I want to insure against the apocalypse... I know my 29” in the Sega New Astro will die one day.

Question, is there a thread / list of TV’s to look out for as suitable donors for specific cabs?

I see a number of 68cm TVs from various manufacturers but never know which ones to keep and which to ignore...

Guys, I want to get in to this as I want to insure against the apocalypse... I know my 29” in the Sega New Astro will die one day.

Question, is there a thread / list of TV’s to look out for as suitable donors for specific cabs?

I see a number of 68cm TVs from various manufacturers but never know which ones to keep and which to ignore...

Sadly, we're already past the point of no return. Jomac can no longer supply the best chassis for large tubes, which was the Sharp Image dual res. I bought one specifically to keep as a spare in case I ever need it.

The monitor in your Astro would likely be a Nanao MS8 or MS9. The tubes in these are very specific tubes matched to the Nanao chassis. It would be very unlikely that you'll find another TV tube to match that chassis.

The good news is that Jomac can keep your MS9 or MS8 chassis alive pretty much indefinitely for now. He still services almost all Nanao chassis and it's not your tube that will die, it's your chassis.

If you want to stash TV tubes, you want to look for curved tubes (not pure flat) that have a 10 pin neck, which is pretty much most tubes from the mid to late 90s. As long as it has 29 or 68 in the model number, it will fit your cab. Joey may still have Wei-Ya chassis to suit 29 inch tubes, but I know that even those were getting harder to get and that he only had pretty limited numbers of them.

My private stock ;

8 -Ms8-29

6 -Ms9-29

4 -Ms2932

4-Nos 14” Nanao Monitor

12 -29” tv tubes to suit all my wei-ya chassis I have in stock.

These are kept for personal collection.

I have over 30 tube in my back corner of my yard behind the shed to get rid off too..lol