Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Shipping From US

I needed some plastics for a Tommy and a Williams chime box kit which came to $US55. Not too bad at this point. Tried using paypal direct but being overseas I had to use I-global. Tried using I-global and paypal and the freight was the same as the goods so now e are up to $US110. I looked at the top of the paypal bar and it said estimated cost in AU was just under $AU190. WTF????

How the hell does Marco stay in business FFS??

Needles to say, I'm pursuing other avenues or just leave it:x

I needed some plastics for a Tommy and a Williams chime box kit which came to $US55. Not too bad at this point. Tried using paypal direct but being overseas I had to use I-global. Tried using I-global and paypal and the freight was the same as the goods so now e are up to $US110. I looked at the top of the paypal bar and it said estimated cost in AU was just under $AU190. WTF????

How the hell does Marco stay in business FFS??

Needles to say, I'm pursuing other avenues or just leave it:x

A Williams chime box, couldn't think of a worst sound. God their awful sounding. Give me a Gottlieb chime any day. And before you ask, Yes I have a Williams EM pin with one in it.

From memory last time I bought from marco (Just a few small parts) I found I-Global to be about US58.00.

Instead I tried to use my US address provided via Shopmate which normally works, but I was unable to pay via paypal

even to a US address, as it was an Aus. Paypal account payment & therefore was not accepted (unless using paypal to pay via I-global).

I think this was due to Marco & their GST collection implications.

I ended up using goodbuymate.com to buy the parts on my behalf & ship. Nice & easy & was cheaper in the end.

From memory last time I bought from marco (Just a few small parts) I found I-Global to be about US58.00.

Instead I tried to use my US address provided via Shopmate which normally works, but I was unable to pay via paypal

even to a US address, as it was an Aus. Paypal account payment & therefore was not accepted (unless using paypal to pay via I-global).

I think this was due to Marco & their GST collection implications.

I ended up using goodbuymate.com to buy the parts on my behalf & ship. Nice & easy & was cheaper in the end.

Thanks @richard.m . That was the problem I was having as in as soon as my paypal was recognised as non American it just refused it. I'd like to use paypal so I'll have a look at the website suggested.

Hmm, was about to buy two DE flipper bats and a set of DE decals, and then noticed that my $12us purchase was going to add up to over $100 AUS for the said items.

Is this insane, or have I just been out of the hobby for two long??

what parts are you after , i order quite allot from marco , normally first week of each month

let me know the part numbers and i will see if i can get them and stock them

mark

For a laugh try just putting the two decals in your cart and checking postage for that, I guess it will be about $80 for something that would fit in a flat envelope. Quite a few Aussies expressed their dissatisfaction with postage rates on Facebook and Maro said they were looking into doing something about it, that was a couple of months ago so obviously not a priority for them. I just try to avoid them, which is a shame as they have a huge amount of stock and a good easy to navigate website.