Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who here used a TV in their Mame cabinet?

For my mame project I had a spare 17"LCD, a 19"CRT monitor, a 21"CRT monitor and a 58cm TV to play with. I have tried all and have opted for the 21"CRT monitor. The particular 21" monitor I have has a better viewing angle than the TV. This is important to me as I have a couple of short-arsed rug rats that I am training to be introverted nerds like me. I am also using my cabinet for internet browsing and newish PC games like NFS, etc.

The downside is the monitor is 600mm deep and now my cabinet (under construction) is 1100mm deep.

Moose.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops, must have been thinking the word "schmuck" in the back of my mind when typing, cos that's what I feel like.:redface

But thank you for your clear and concise post once again Elvis. Cleared up a lot of questions in one.

or maybe SEUCK (the Shoot Em Up Construction Kit) for the C64

I have 670mm wide cab with a 68cm tv in there (decased) with little room either side to spare, although i built the cab with that TV in mind, and im sure there are slightly slimmer models than the one i dumped in there.

Speaking of pimping cabs trackballs rock (thats what i got from my girlfriend for xmas this year)

• 10 months later...
The only problem with SCART for MAME is that it's fixed frequency. You will loose a few lines when playing certain games, as illustrated here.

And despite which, after looking through the work involved hooking up the scart connection with the auto frequency switch off and everything, who the hell would want to go to all that trouble? Bleurk!

Colt.

I used a TEAK 68cm with a scart connector looks at using the VGA to RGB wiring but stuck with Video in using 640x480 on windows XP witch is odd how hard it is to get the res on the new video card with 16bit + colours.

Found the +12v on pin 8 trick to auto switch to the AV input and it all looks sweet.

I used a TEAK 68cm with a scart connector looks at using the VGA to RGB wiring but stuck with Video in using 640x480 on windows

SCART doesn't support 640x480@60Hz progressive scan (31KHz), which means you're probably sending an interlaced picture to your screen.

Planning on decasing my sturdy old TV, using the CRT and speakers in my cab, putting the chassis in my electronics junk drawer for components, dremmeling round the front of the case to use the original bezel (save me finding an arcade one), and putting the rest of the plastic casing in the recycling. About as green as possible really.