Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Yeah, a guy by the name of David Gilmore sells cabs under the name of RetroPlay and has the pinball cabs loaded with tables etc. even though he himself used to bag out others for the same thing.

VPinball decided that the best way to stop him is to block 3 countries.

Edited by JustAnotherRat

Hmmmm, that will stop him.:blink:

And they don't think he would have downloaded a copy already or have access to a copy in one of the many machines he has built using it?...

He has actually created (I assume with help) an app that will download the required files from the site for his customers. So they can choose on their phone what tables they want and it will download them to the cab they bought off of him. I guess this stops them being able to download from them.

He has actually created (I assume with help) an app that will download the required files from the site for his customers. So they can choose on their phone what tables they want and it will download them to the cab they bought off of him. I guess this stops them being able to download from them.

Depends on how they have blocked it. Simply changing your DNS in Windows to 0.0.0.0 will likely bypass the block. If not, a simple VPN will.

Depends on how they have blocked it. Simply changing your DNS in Windows to 0.0.0.0 will likely bypass the block. If not, a simple VPN will.

I know there are work arounds, but for people that are purchasing a "compled package" as they don't have the ability to set on up themself, then I don't expect them to know how to work around it.

In any case, it looks like the site is accessible now again anyway.

Dunno whether they had a change of heart, but I was able to download files from VPinball this afternoon, AFTER reading on Facebook about the apparent geoblock.

I'll call Dave and see whether he's aware of the hornet nest he appears to have disturbed. For the record, he's actually a good bloke and far from the only person on the planet doing "this sort of thing".