Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokie reels not spinning

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1305 Post(s)
    I said grease because the machine I had from the very early 60s, ( 3 reel, 1 shilling machine), had never been touched for years and had grease that had turned to like clay. The machine certainly didn't like it and spinning was only happening because the grease had cracked around the moving parts.
    After removing most of it without tearing the machine to bits, I used clear spray lithium grease. This is the same grease used on things like car door hinges where clothing is likely to touch but you don't want it staining the clothing. Thin enough to spray out a nozzle in a pressure pack but with no splashing and sticks like shit to a blanket.

State
    Illawarra NSW
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1701 Post(s)
    The Aristo service manual for these mechanical mechs does suggest grease in a couple of spots, and light machine oil for the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2544 View Post
    Alternates 1 cent for every 10 cents pulled. Controlled by a simple relay PCB.
    Neat! Does it reset once the jackpot has been achieved?

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rod71 View Post
    The Aristo service manual for these mechanical mechs does suggest grease in a couple of spots, and light machine oil for the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Neat! Does it reset once the jackpot has been achieved?
    No, that's a manual reset for the attendant. I have avoided greasing reels for decades I just grease the large metal on metal parts the rest is machine oil. Works fine for me.
    My pins: Wild life, Top Score, Space Mission, Target Alpha, Cleopatra, Pin*Bot, Black~Rose & Wizard of Oz, LE No.#53
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game, Foosball table & a Pokie.

Have owned:
    Lost World, Magic Castle, Elektra, Indiana Jones.

State
    Illawarra NSW
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1701 Post(s)
    No, that's a manual reset for the attendant.
    Ah OK cool. So I see there are 2 jackpots. Reading the back panel it mentions the lit red arrow. So the jackpot is for $$$$ does the red arrow alternate between the 2 jackpots between spins?

- - - Updated - - -

So just some interesting fun facts regarding Jackpots in old Aussie mechanical bandits.

We exported a shit ton of these things to the UK back in the 1960's and a lot of them had visible jackpot mechs built into the belly panel. So it had a clear window where you'd see the coins accumulate. If you hit the jackpot of 777 etc, a solenoid would open the trap door of the mech and release all the coins!

So why don't we see them here?

NSW government banned any kind of visible jackpot mechanism.

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    So just some interesting fun facts regarding Jackpots in old Aussie mechanical bandits.

We exported a shit ton of these things to the UK back in the 1960's and a lot of them had visible jackpot mechs built into the belly panel. So it had a clear window where you'd see the coins accumulate. If you hit the jackpot of 777 etc, a solenoid would open the trap door of the mech and release all the coins!

So why don't we see them here?

NSW government banned any kind of visible jackpot mechanism.

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/20...f58259549b.jpg
    Simple answer, TAX.
    My pins: Wild life, Top Score, Space Mission, Target Alpha, Cleopatra, Pin*Bot, Black~Rose & Wizard of Oz, LE No.#53
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game, Foosball table & a Pokie.

Have owned:

State
    Illawarra NSW
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1701 Post(s)
    Simple answer, TAX.
    Heh yeah probably!

Ok so here is another nerdy fun fact.

The odds of getting the jackpot pay on an old Aristocrat are as follows.

3 reel model - 10,648:1
    4 reel model - 234,256:1
    The logic of these odds is every reel has 22 positions. Hence the "Super 22" logos on a lot of games. So the jackpot symble appears only once on each reel. Therefor the maths is 22x22x22= for 3 reels, and 22x22x22x22= for 4 reels

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    I said grease because the machine I had from the very early 60s, ( 3 reel, 1 shilling machine), had never been touched for years and had grease that had turned to like clay. The machine certainly didn't like it and spinning was only happening because the grease had cracked around the moving parts.
    After removing most of it without tearing the machine to bits, I used clear spray lithium grease. This is the same grease used on things like car door hinges where clothing is likely to touch but you don't want it staining the clothing. Thin enough to spray out a nozzle in a pressure pack but with no splashing and sticks like shit to a blanket.
    Aldi has lube spray on sale at the moment for $6.99 a can.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Wanted: Aquarius backglass, any Gottlieb EM bits and pieces - nothing is junk to me

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    Heh yeah probably!

Ok so here is another nerdy fun fact.

The odds of getting the jackpot pay on an old Aristocrat are as follows.

3 reel model - 10,648:1
    4 reel model - 234,256:1
    The logic of these odds is every reel has 22 positions. Hence the "Super 22" logos on a lot of games. So the jackpot symble appears only once on each reel. Therefor the maths is 22x22x22= for 3 reels, and 22x22x22x22= for 4 reels
    I always thought the chance of winning Tattslotto was 50:50

Either you win or you don't...

Have owned:

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

So, I applied degreaser and the last time I saw this much grease I was eating at Mama's Fish Shop, Beecroft Rd Epping c1973. Cleaned it up but still the reels barely spin. Will give it another go.

Wanted: Aquarius backglass, any Gottlieb EM bits and pieces - nothing is junk to me

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bossninja17 View Post
    So, I applied degreaser and the last time I saw this much grease I was eating at Mama's Fish Shop, Beecroft Rd Epping c1973. Cleaned it up but still the reels barely spin. Will give it another go.

You are doing the de-grease with the main section removed from the casing & after the degrease you need a rinse, dry & re oil the reel axle.

Have owned:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information