Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 4 ~ Zaxxon (closes 28-Jul)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've tied on score with JasonV91. 47,750 is a lucky number. Assuming both gamers can score up to 100K, that's a 1 in 2,000 chance that someone will tie with another gamer on score. Time to buy a lottery ticket.

:031:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's 15 different platforms!

869886674_4.SMK_Zaxxon_28000_Arcade(SilverballMuseum).thumb.jpg.94a9aacb8b3e523d8a995069cd11038f.jpg

Still continuing to raise my pb. I played a crap load of games tonight, thinking this was the last day for submissions. Only to find out when I got back home that it was Bubbles. :headbuttwall: At least I have another week to raise this score even higher (just not sure how much higher, because I plain suck at this one).

PS: Anyone know how to rotate an image, even if it looks fine when I'm viewing it on my computer?

PS: Anyone know how to rotate an image, even if it looks fine when I'm viewing it on my computer?

I just downloaded your image to my PC. I then rotated the image to be upright on my PC. And now I attached from my PC to AA and this is how it looks ...

108311595_4.SMK_Zaxxon_28000_Arcade(SilverballMuseum)(1).thumb.jpg.a98c9c1d93b83e11bf8035d4dd3143de.jpg

Hey you still have 90 credits of Zaxxon to play. You can't waste those credits ... :lol

So I’m working from home and “Footloose” from 1984 is on the television

Can you spot the Zaxxon?

Does this mean that Zaxxon is also part of the 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon?

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150844

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Great pickup. I didn't know it was in the movie. And there's proof. What's the name of the machine to the right of Zaxxon?

There are actually at least two other film references to Zaxxon that I'm aware of. It appears 15 minutes into "Friday the 13th Part IV" for instance, where Corey Feldman's character is playing it on a TRS-80 CoCo.

In the other, it's a bizarre Troma film that I only discovered by accident last year called "Hollywood Zap (1986)". One of the main characters considers himself a Zaxxon King, hustling others for cash and the game features pretty prominently throughout. Here's the hilarious hustling sequence. It's worth checking out for the arcade scene in general:

(There's also a reference to Twin Galaxies in the film early on from memory...)

I do note though, that his score in that scene doesn't go past our resident Dazzer. :) I'd like to hit 50 k on it before we finish, but not sure of my chances as it takes quite a number of restarts for me to get a decent game going.

There are actually at least two other film references to Zaxxon that I'm aware of. It appears 15 minutes into "Friday the 13th Part IV" for instance, where Corey Feldman's character is playing it on a TRS-80 CoCo.

In the other, it's a bizarre Troma film that I only discovered by accident last year called "Hollywood Zap (1986)". One of the main characters considers himself a Zaxxon King, hustling others for cash and the game features pretty prominently throughout. Here's the hilarious hustling sequence. It's worth checking out for the arcade scene in general:

(There's also a reference to Twin Galaxies in the film early on from memory...)

I do note though, that his score in that scene doesn't go past our resident Dazzer. :) I'd like to hit 50 k on it before we finish, but not sure of my chances as it takes quite a number of restarts for me to get a decent game going.

Nice finds! These are very strange scenes. Just like Zaxxon I suppose.