Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 4 ~ Zaxxon (closes 28-Jul)

Experience the controls, you climb and dive …

MGLXL – Game 4 ~ Zaxxon

Nominated by gamer: BandontheRun

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: zaxxon (set 1)

QFGMss4.png

Game Story:

You pilot an attack shuttle whose mission is to strafe the enemy's "Asteroid City". Destroy fuel tanks, gun emplacements, missiles, fighters and a large enemy robot. The game uses an isometric three-quarters perspective that was a unique concept to arcade games of that era.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 28 July 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … Feel the power as you attack and evade …

Last played somewhere between MGL1 and MGL7, about 11 years ago.

:)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGLXL - Arcade Chalk. AKA MGLXL - Games RMacauley totally sucks at :lol

Let it be duly noted that I don't hate any of the games so far (yes even that BLOODY EVIL CLOWN GAME) I just suck at them. And not from lack of trying over the years.

And now.... back to the arcade.......

zaxxon.png.44466660bded8579e9274a1a862aa18d.png

not a score submission, just an observation........

0001.png.24fa5f9da396287432b334da0540a2ce.png

0000.png.ed64e2e3d37bfe01216cface50f130a0.png

Such beautifully drawn isometric graphics on this one, looks like the programmers used up all of their memory (prob 64kb worth) and didn't leave enough memory for a half decent "ZAXXON" title

not a score submission, just an observation........

Such beautifully drawn isometric graphics on this one, looks like the programmers used up all of their memory (prob 64kb worth) and didn't leave enough memory for a half decent "ZAXXON" title

I would have preferred a mind blowing title screen that made me weep with its beauty and a game that played in nice straight lines.

This game is like Qbert in a spaceship.

Pessimeister: 13, 950

0005.png.26e7be96845155a766c189f5b9f3c19d.png

This game has always had a bit of a mystique about it for me growing up; though I never really played it much. It's quite awkward and challenging to play. It actually makes me think of a C64 game called "Raid over Moscow" which I did play a bit. Simply getting out of the hangar in that game was an achievement. :)

A video for those curious or nostalgic:

Edited by Pessimeister

Losing count of the restarts but the occasional jump in score makes the restarts worthwhile.

I'll be staying out of the cherry patch, front line of invader defense or dodgy looking sink for now. If anyone's looking for me I'll be hunting Zaxxons :p

zaxxon.png.f4d927007dfb5f79100f220a8e3d167a.png

0004.png.97a2cdcbd8dde11b7807851889294201.png

I think I had a robot just like that one as a kid. Complete with a spring loaded missile that could take someones eye out at 20 paces. Ah, the good old days when Health and Safety was still called Common Sense :rolleyes

Edited by Dazzer_
Spelin

One of the toughest games ever IMO. Whomever nominated this is genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Or a person who is a glutton for punishment ... :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150399

I think I had a robot just like that one as a kid. Complete with a spring loaded missile that could take someones eye out at 20 paces. Ah, the good old days when Heath and Saftey was still called Common Sence :rolleyes

cItd3ty.png