Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 4 ~ Zaxxon (closes 28-Jul)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2028589092_4.SMK_Zaxxon_16450_Arcade(SilverballMuseum).thumb.jpg.3f365f0bec91acad4f0bec9f8f874dc5.jpg

Another snapshot from my phone. Not sure why it turns the image around. Anyway, it's a decent game, but I was never really good at it. This is probably my PB believe it or not. :)

Wow. Amazing score!

Thanks!! Its a bit clunky initially, but once you get the hang of controlling the ship, its not too bad.

Its a totally patternable game, with the planes being the only real random factor for me. I still occasionally fly into a wall though.

I started off using the shots to gauge my height when flying through the gaps in the walls/force fields, but you quickly realise that's not possible on later rounds as you have to pull some serious Gs to fly from one gap to another, and you have to correct your height en route. The altimeter is then key, and you quickly figure out that there are actually only 2 height positions that matter in the entire game.

I also liked the fact that it forced me to improve my pattern as time went on. My initial patterns were not very efficient, points wise, but the risk of death was low. Then in later rounds, lack of fuel starts to be a real issue, so you have to adjust your patterns to try and safely snag an extra fuel silo or 2, or you simply wont make it to the end.

All in all, more fun than I thought it would be!

Day 7 of 17 ...

Some nice scores are being posted as gamers get more experience on this title. If you can't get enough Zaxxon, try any one of these ...

wTBJA9Y.png

10 days to go until this game is closed.

cItd3ty.png

Found this podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/diary-of-an-arcade-employee-podcast-episode-019-zaxxon/id987491969?i=1000369736905

Welcome friends to the 19th Diary of an Arcade Employee Podcast. For this show I discuss Sega/Gremlin’s 1982 arcade classic “Zaxxon” and we also have a special guest for this episode, John Monkus – one of the chief techs at the arcade. I also made sure to bring a few vintage audio treats for your listening pleasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade