Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Brass Shavings in Cabinet, New Stern

punkin

Question

11 answers to this question

I'd guess it's the brass between the coil stop and the bracket on the flippers. Sterns eat them it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

See https://www.facebook.com/msamuse/photos/a.170957606274442/1226222014081324/?type=3&theater

Sticky flipper on Game of Thrones tonight. The brass washer in the coil stop had disintegrated. There was the telltale gold dust in the bottom of the cabinet so it was easy to diagnose. New coil stop and it's good as new.

14138109_1226222014081324_8397006470829144529_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeE9paXR75af8nspuZ9UTikllwpkvDWh4VBcuuQb1BAplEAzxfs60bD3rz8blrEnt0H1RCTSFI90l0tpAm321UUb9_U9RdsCZRvMXZMiQedCZw&_nc_oc=AQlQoRLOP0ugJP-GDKZeMa0VpgqcYDSWacFn_BPCVfJ-ht_nQMpyl1sz5sYmQ5GAW3c&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd7-1.fna&oh=8f9ca4a64914f0db33f0932148716129&oe=5D7A1326

Yes been learning the slide save since my last trip to Bennies :)

AMD says that it's going to be the stop and the flippers so @ajfclark wins.

They did offer to send me a new one of needed. Seems funny that the one on the other side isn't doing it. I have had problems with that left flipper sticking, and AMD advised me to loosen and push the flipper up a little from the bottom to free it, which i did. Hoping that it's not caused by my adjustment but i'll wait till @Parazio is back in town to guide me through this one i think.

Still OK to play for a week?

Yes been learning the slide save since my last trip to Bennies :)

AMD says that it's going to be the stop and the flippers so @ajfclark wins.

They did offer to send me a new one of needed. Seems funny that the one on the other side isn't doing it. I have had problems with that left flipper sticking, and AMD advised me to loosen and push the flipper up a little from the bottom to free it, which i did. Hoping that it's not caused by my adjustment but i'll wait till @Parazio is back in town to guide me through this one i think.

Still OK to play for a week?

The interesting point is would the new coil stops do the same thing because that's been an issue for a long time.

The interesting point is would the new coil stops do the same thing because that's been an issue for a long time.

I remember when Shannon's Star Trek was doing this at ACS it ended up that it had eaten all the brass out and the coil stop was magnetising. I find it interesting that this issue affects new sterns but I don't recall it being an issue on older games. Is it just that extra little bit of snap that sterns have is pushing the tolerance of brass for the abuse?

Same happening with my Deadpool @punkin, although yours is worse-must be giving it a flogging.

When we travel down to the big smoke to pickup you Genie will drop into AMD as l need to get a few things from there also.

No worries mate, coming for the Sunday Silverball today?