Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nanao MS9 Vertical Lines Blurry or Convergence issue?

slampt

Question

Hey Folks,

Just had my MS9's all recapped for my Time Crisis 2, I have managed to get one to look amazing, however I can not seem to get the other one to look as vibrant as the first. When going through the patterns it appears that while my Horizontal lines look great and white is actually looking white! All vertical lines look horribly blurry. Would this come down to a convergence issue?

Cheers

Slampt

13 answers to this question

Here is an attempt of some pics. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about, the colour on the left one is still a little off, but it's the best I can get it unfortunately :(

L0UilUusQVqSWvqC+CrWoA.jpg

6bVOR8B2RY+dkZEchAThoA.jpg

3v3actpfS5CEqh%0YOX+Cw.jpg

*edit* Looks like it is uploading the last image rotated for some reason, it should be rotated 90 degrees.. I have tried to upload it a few times without success.

@con, the one on the right looks really good. It's the one on the left that is washed out. I will try and get a better photo tonight. One thing I did notice was when I boot up the cabinet the left screen glows as if brightness is too high (black isn't black), the right black looks black and doesn't have an "excess" glow when booting.

Hope that makes sense.

More images, but I suspect this is a vertical ghost/convergence problem. Any advice on how to adjust would be great, not too keen on playing with the yoke. I have only ever done that once on my blast city with strips to fix the convergence around the corners and that took way too long... I swore I would never touch the yoke again!

51W7FknUTba5H1OeGoYtlA.jpg

• Super Moderator

I agree looks like convergence issue to me ,set up a mirror ,will be the only way to get it right,two sets of eyes will only make it harder.

Mark all the rings as they sit now before altering them.

Mark all the rings as they sit now before altering them.

OMG this. And then when you're finished and happy, mark that position too!

I'd try the rings first, but if they won't allow you to get things right you can start the setup over: