Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 1 ~ Space Invaders (closes 14-Jul)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

163.380 - WolfMAME 0.199

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150410

Wanted to break 100k, but didn't expect that! I'm going to record the playback of the .inp, and submit to TG...will post a link when it's up.

Fantastic score Jason! :023:

That's a lot of smashed up invaders.

SJdz1sQ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150393[/ATTACH]

Nice. I can see in your screenshot you were working on the column method of attack on the left side.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 16 of 17 ...

The gamers are winning ... can you make a fine finish PB just in time?

ZFjUoav.png

OdNZZAM.jpg

Only 7 hours to go until this game is closed.

:)

0000.png.bd60598491762cd7613ebf5b5d34bbc2.png

Panicked game... only just noticed this game ends today, but I have to leave for work in less than an hour!

Capable of soooooooo much better... :redface

Expect similar crappy post for game 2 in a few minutes... sad.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150433

Panicked game... only just noticed this game ends today, but I have to leave for work in less than an hour!

Capable of soooooooo much better... :redface

Expect similar crappy post for game 2 in a few minutes... sad.

Just noticed? You must be hibernating in winter ... :sleep

- - - Updated - - -

Nice improvement. You've tied with CrazyKongFan with the same score. Your score is the only tied score on Space Invaders.

:alien:

Hi everyone, this game is now closed. The final scoreboard will be posted shortly.

:024:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I let the end date creep up on me. Too late now. Stupid stupid Terence.

Actually you are very very bright Terence. I love your Crush Roller and Qix scores, and that's just some of your great scores.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150491

not much of an improvement, but it breaks the tie :D If I'd only I'd gotten that top left 30 pointer

Nice work! Space Invaders hunting does pay off after all.

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

kXkCsoO.png

41 years ago, Tomohiro Nishikado of Japan designed a video game with a squid, crab and octopus. It became a sensation across the globe and caused a 100 yen shortage in Japan. 41 years later, MGLXL is alive and well, and we just saw 44 gamers play this iconic game of intense invasion. This is a tough game, it did not mellow over time, so everyone that played this game did well. Especially for those who had not played the game for over 30 years, and that was for most gamers. A special invader suppression commendation goes out to DaLar, Mameshane, John73, bigredbird, creech, SMK, CrazyKongFan and Fire_Power for scoring between 9K down to 6K for 7th to 14th place respectively. Then double digit heroes redelf, Dazzer_, Foot and ILLSeaBass hit the invaders for 3rd place to 6th place respectively, scoring between 18K down to 10K. kernzy scored an excellent 48K for 2nd place, which really shows that he is in the master class, and could take his score much further in future.

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff for winning Game 1 with a 4th best in the world score of 163,380 points. Amazing gaming. He was aiming for 100K and hit 163K instead, exceptional game play right there. He plans to submit his Space Invaders score at Twin Galaxies for verification as well. Nice.

2DRBPFQ.png

Game 3 Bubbles and Game 4 Zaxxon are both currently in play. Both games are really fun, and quite deceptive on the play field. Enjoy these games while you can, there’s plenty more to come in this very exciting MGL.

:)

*3,650*

Straight play through. Always struggle to get 4,000. I think this will be an average score across the board.

I tend to agree. Before the *new* strategy was implemented (Early 2000's? Early 80's?), scores hovered around the 3,800 to 4,200 range give-or-take. I think my arcade score from the 80's was somewhere in the 4,000 range. This was while I had no idea of the strategy being used now. It amazes me that a player or players, is able to see a game the way that no one else can. A way to take scores on a particular game to a whole other level. I'm still waiting for that player or players to find it in a game like Ms. Pacman. One day a player's going to find a way to control the release of the fruits for example, and score over a million points. It may end up taking decades to figure out since the games inception, but players are doing it now and have been doing it on many games since the 80's. Hell, just look at Donkey Kong today, compared to scoring methods used 10 to 12 years ago. A player or "players" figured out over the last half decade or so, to take Billy's original WR score that stood at the top for over 20 years, from 857k to well over 1.2M as it stands today. They were able to *see* the game in a way that others didn't. TG implemented a track for arcade Asteroids, that requires the player to strictly shoot asteroids and not saucer hunting for points. The difference in scores between this track and the original track where saucer hunting is allowed, is night and day. This is how I look at Space Invaders. There actually should be a new track for Space Invaders, like that of Asteroids where the *new* strategy can't be used. Split them up is what I'm suggesting. I'd like to see a video of a player *clearing* stages in essence, like John Mc Allister did with his 10,510 point score. The good ole fashion way if you will. Perhaps this was the way back in the 80's when players were getting 30k, 40k and 50k. No video proof from them so we'll never know. Maybe that's why TG took down all those 80's scores in excess of 10k.

I still want to give a hats off to Jason for a phenomenal score using the new method. I'll probably never achieve 10% of his score using either method. :lol

Surfing the net today and found this ...

I missed the Kickstarter, but what a great idea to play even more Space Invaders. And you win by getting the highest score, just like the video game.

AYBABTU