Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hi all, Joe the williams sorcerer pinball owner here.

I've finally retrieved my Williams Sorcerer Pinball from my mate's shed where it was sitting for the past 15 years. I still don't have a place to put it, but another friend wanted it for his 50th birthday party and offered to look after it for the foreseeable future. I was expecting to have to lurk amongst the forums for a while to find out what I had to do to fix it, but after replacing all the fuses, it works! When i bought it in the '90s I replaced the flippers, ball return and a few other things ( can't remember everything) . I also can't remember how I reprogrammed it to be 5 ball/raise the high score etc,etc. I've noticed that ebay offers "playfield protectors" but at $250 delivered seems a bit steep. Anyone have any experience with this machine?

Thanks Punkin, I'll keep you in mind but, I don't think I could ever sell it. Bought it before kids when single and rich. Played it for years in share houses until I bought a place with not enough room for it. Never had a lack of friends willing to mind it for a year or 2;).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice wiredoug. I was lucky, they had just started to leak , but no damage done. I was expecting the worst but a new "slow blow" fuse brought back the scores. Very releived, When it first didn't work I thought I'd be chasing up entire boards.

Just in time, clean it with a solution of 50/50 water and vinegar to neutralise the acid. I know of a sorcerer stashed in the back of a mates garage with stuff piled all over it, probably has acid damage too by now.