Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alien Star (1984) Mylstar/Gottleib

What has happened to you mate? What happened to DMD’s onward? Lol!
After a while you just get bored of them and want something new....that is super old!

There is a beauty in a game you can explain in 10 seconds to someone.

Plus my entire SS collection of meteor, stars, seawitch, quicksilver x2 and stargazer cost LESS than 1 Stern LE.

After a while you just get bored of them and want something new....that is super old!

Plus my entire SS collection of meteor, stars, seawitch, quicksilver x2 and stargazer cost LESS than 1 Stern LE.

I loved playing your Seawitch so much I had to buy a Beatles!

How's the piano going?

think @Jesder had one?

Nah, I only owned the pop bumper caps - I wanted these to replace the old ones on Space Orbit many (many) moons ago. I might still have those somewhere.

With the excessive spare parts hoarding we all do here, we could probably go close to bolting one together for Ryza if his search turns up empty ;)

Has anyone played one? Are there any in Australia?

It is a total 1 trick pony but I would like to own one.

It is a two trick pony really...

There is the main "thing" which is get the spinner charged to 50x then rip it for up to a million a shot...

But there is also the top lanes "thing" ... If you make "A-L-I-E-N" four times in a ball you lite all the top lanes... two of them are "hold bonus" and "collect bonus". Unlike sterns, if you collect bonus it is gone and you have to build it again. If you get "hold bonus" first, you can then collect the full bonus over and over again. A third top lane is "adv. bonus multiplier" (up to 5x) .... so if you get all top lanes lit with ALIEN targets and keep it going up the spinner there are just as many points to be had, at a more continuous and steady rate. Fourth lane is extra ball.

So really there are two "things" you can be doing to blow it up, simultaneously.... if you are good enough. It can be nasty though and house balls come easily. :P

You can have a game lasting 10+ mins and score way less than a million if things don't go right... or you can play for 5 mins and roll it over the top (10mil+) in one ball just with the top lanes, and not even achieving the full main 50x spinner "thing", if the ball goes really well :lol

It is also a one ball game... if you drain basically Everything resets to nothing, and you have to start from scratch. The only 2 things it remembers are the "A-L-I-E-N" letters you have spotted, and the multiball lock. Although if you have held bonus you will start with it, but collect and it is gone. Bonus multiplier is never held, nor any of the dual top lane lites.

It is a very addictive game for sure!

It would be worth double then!

2 tricks!

I was told that in multiball don't let the spinner stop spinning. So shatz lane if you can. Rip spinner with one ball . Then when it slows down try to rip again with the other ball.

I know that's insanely hard but I did it. And I'm first on the list of dibs to buy the machine off someone...he just isn't ready to sell it yet.

Who wants to sell me theirs !?

2 1/2 shot game... right flipper go for spinner, unless you have lock at 5x (NEVER shoot lock unless lit, pops out and drains out the left outlane or centre half the time) ... left flipper KEEP collecting ALIEN banks (which lite lock if unlit, as well as add lit top lane with each completion), targets are generally a fairly safe shot as long as you hit your mark. NEVER shoot at bumpers. NEVER shoot for left inlane setup shot (adv. bonus multiplier), it ends up going crazy in the pops, go for ALIEN and advance at top lanes instead, via spinner shots.

It is amazing how addictive a 2 1/2 shot game can be! ... It's a keeper :cool:

Yes .. played one in Pt Pirie SA.. a local owns one and it was part of an awesome multiday comp organised by @razorsedge.

Fun and challenging game...great scores if you could alley pass well.

Not many around though!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I also played it at these awesome comps (SA Masters, actually).

Such a great game!

So addictive.

Hitting that max’d out spinner after an alley pass is one of the best shots in pinball.

Additive because it is simple and very easy to understand exactly what is required. You are good you "may" win. The right amount of luck and skill and this is the hardest part of pinball design, the right mix.

Good luck finding one. Not many here but I have seen about 5 in my time.

• 2 months later...
Bump.

Someone must have one !

I contacted Michael Shalhoub a while back to see if he had one and he didn’t. He said it was a horrible game - but I liked the idea of it too. I was hoping some came in years ago before many of us were aware of the container pin imports going on. @skids do you think Jason at Pinball Mania might have one in his warehouse? I know he’s considered an enigma by many pinball buyers but if you want a machine that no one else has you might have to try him.

I contacted Michael Shalhoub a while back to see if he had one and he didn’t. He said it was a horrible game - but I liked the idea of it too. I was hoping some came in years ago before many of us were aware of the container pin imports going on. @skids do you think Jason at Pinball Mania might have one in his warehouse? I know he’s considered an enigma by many pinball buyers but if you want a machine that no one else has you might have to try him.

I wouldn’t know, none on display when I went there years ago. But he had a large stockpile of machines on the shelves

Maybe give him a call?

https://www.truelocal.com.au/business/pinball-mania/st-peters