Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega Naomi Universal - It’s alive!

Hey everyone,

Didn’t really have anyone else to tell so thought I’d tell you guys/gals. Hope that’s not weird....

I was going slow on the Naomi Universal cab I picked up. I got it for what I thought was a pretty good price even though it was showing error 25 (cannot access gd rom drive). Thing is I still wasn’t sure whether I’d get any other errors if I got the gd rom sorted, or even whether the mobo worked all!

Who knows right? I was a little worried to be honest.

If it was bigger than the dimm board or GD Rom drive itself being busted I would have been in for some serious cash, or even worse, a rethink.

So yeah, wing and a prayer, I bought a cartridge online, waiting for what seemed like ages (looking at you Aus post) and finally it came on Friday. Managed to get into the post office at about 4:58pm.

Fingers crossed, I unhooked the gd rom drive and unscrewed the dimm board - one really long screw? - I then banged in the cartridge and voila! She fires up and “plays the game”, so that was a massive relief. Huge grin on my face. I rushed in and told my wife, but she just smiled and gave me a pat on the back and then told me to shoo off.

Righto. Next step is net dimm and Pi, so yeah that’s definitely on the go now and thanks to @mR_CaESaR too for the links and tips. Huge thanks mate for sharing the knowledge. I should have a pretty good start now . A great start actually!

But yeah as you can probably tell I’m pretty amped and looking forward to getting this ball rolling!

Shouldn’t be long now!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I rushed in and told my wife, but she just smiled and gave me a pat on the back and then told me to shoo off.

Love this part, made me laugh. You're not alone mate, it's exactly what my wife does when I mention anything pinball related.