Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Play LAI Invader Wars

I had a Midway (Taito stickered) L-Shape PCB in for repairs, it had a blown tantalum on the CPU board and was missing three of the sounds.

The tantalum was replaced, I found a few faulty LM3900's, a dead 4006 and 4016, missing cap on the output on the noise generator and all sockets were placed as well as socketing the LM3900's.

One ROM was throwing up a different CRC every time I read it, the legs were cleaned and I tried putting it in a socket and reading it to no avail.

The ROMs contained a hacked version of Space War 3 done by LAI, which I reckon is one of the better versions of Space Invaders.

Fortunately I had a board in a couple of months ago with the same ROMs and dumped them as they're not available in Mame. A new ROM was burnt and the board is now ready to go back to it's owner.

Here's a quick video of the game and I'll upload a copy ZIP'd of the ROMs and save it as Space War 3 if anyone wants to play it in Mame.

Thanks for posting, I'm sure the owner will be very happy :) He may even get his finger out and clean up his cab and use the control panel and coin door decal that you have made - it'll look great.

BTW there is a mame romset of something pretty close to this version, it's "Space War Part 3" rom name spacewr3. Some small differences are it's not the LAI version and no numbers on the bases.

• Administrators

Wow definitely remember playing this as a kid. The fast bullets to me made the game so much better to play than the original Space Invaders

Brad